Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How windy is “windy” on Sunday at Heathrow? [Storm Isha]

How windy is “windy” on Sunday at Heathrow? [Storm Isha]

Old Jan 21, 2024, 7:07 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Landed around 1330 today from EDI. Restricted ATC flow announced but we got there on time. The landing was definitely gusty to say the least below 3000ft. Should lead to some fun for those of you landing in a few hours!
Old Jan 21, 2024, 7:09 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

First go-around just occurred
Old Jan 21, 2024, 7:23 am

Programs: Some
It's starting to get pretty blustery where I live between LCY and Canary Wharf, I don't envy anyone booked on LCY arrival this afternoon
Old Jan 21, 2024, 7:39 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

BA435 tried both runways and gone around on both... Must be fun onboard.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 7:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold | Hilton Honors Platinum
Sat in Gold lounge at LHR awaiting 16:05 to ZRH, first wave of short haul cancellations appearing on the board. Let’s see how messy it gets.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 7:43 am

Programs: BA GGL
In many years of flying I’ve got my first ever weather cancellation where I haven’t been able to re-route same day or the next day’s offer isn’t suitable.

I’m on a BAH booking LHR-MAN return with car hire. MAN-LHR cancelled tonight. BAH have said I can drive the car down to Avis at Heathrow and that any charges (fuel, extra charges from Avis etc) are claimable from BA.

My question is, what do I do with the flight? Is there any refund due? Presumably not because they’re paying my expenses?

Will submit ORC for my 5 tier points but slightly irrelevant to me.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 7:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Just landed from Madrid, quite a sporty one. My EDI shuffle is cancelled.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 7:50 am

This has now diverted to Stansted.

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
​​​​​​​
Old Jan 21, 2024, 7:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
That's AMS-LHR. It's now having a go at Harlow International, so the joy continues.
wrp96, TheChangingMan and DXB2745 like this.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 7:51 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
BA1402 has just cancelled. Can’t rebook at the moment as BA.com is down. Weather happens but the utter crapness of BA’s systems makes dealing with it far harder than it has to be.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 7:59 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
Just watched BA537 (from TRN) going around.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 8:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Jpm81
I'm due to fly on United from Dublin tomorrow morning (massively cheaper fare and trying to save my company some money...)
don’t forget to credit your United flights to an EI account to earn some Avios.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 8:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just landed with a nice woah from big jet tv. Big gust about 30 seconds before touchdown was 60kts according to the pilot, who seemed pretty proud of himself!
Old Jan 21, 2024, 8:22 am

Just landed on BA347 from Nice. Definitely a bumpy one on the way down, and as I’m in 5A I had a good view of all the spotters at Myrtle Ave as we shot past. Glad to have landed first time.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 8:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Originally Posted by Jpm81
I'm due to fly on United from Dublin tomorrow morning (massively cheaper fare and trying to save my company some money...)

My Aer Lingus flight cancelled but when i saw things looking a bit ropey I'd booked the Ryanair 22:55 flight so hopefully that still goes otherwise I'll need to call up the GS desk for a change and figure out how to get to US tomorrow.
I got out of Dublin at 11am this morning .. things were fairly bad then .. they're getting worse now .. I don't think much is going to be going in or out for most of the rest of the day .. worst of the winds are supposed to be from around now until about 9pm ... loads of Ryanair diversions already ( I think Ryanair's 737s must have slightly lower wind limits than Aer Lingus ? .. though on the other hand the smaller Aer Lingus regional flights won't be going anywhere today for sure )

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.