Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How windy is “windy” on Sunday at Heathrow? [Storm Isha]

How windy is “windy” on Sunday at Heathrow? [Storm Isha]

Old Jan 20, 2024, 12:40 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
deleted

Last edited by alexwuk; Jan 21, 2024 at 3:16 pm
Old Jan 20, 2024, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Misco60
Climate and weather are very different things. But let's leave the politics elsewhere, and focus on flying in 2024.
I don’t think it’s remotely political to say that meteorology and climatology are indeed separate, though linked fields of study
wrp96 and crazy8534 like this.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 1:07 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There's a 5% HADACAB reduction on LHR for Sunday afternoon evening, I've put some details into the FAQ for delays thread.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Flying to MLE tomorrow night on the 18:20 flight.

Seeing these cancellations pop up is a little stressful. Does anyone know whether they would cancel this type of flight or do they prioritise short haul?

Cheers
Old Jan 20, 2024, 2:01 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by eugegall
Flying to MLE tomorrow night on the 18:20 flight.

Seeing these cancellations pop up is a little stressful. Does anyone know whether they would cancel this type of flight or do they prioritise short haul?

Cheers
they will 99% cancel short haul. If some long haul gets binned which is unusual, it would be a high frequency route or to the US where reroutes are fairly easy.
becks1 and eugegall like this.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 2:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
they will 99% cancel short haul. If some long haul gets binned which is unusual, it would be a high frequency route or to the US where reroutes are fairly easy.
Phew, thanks, KARFA!

Now lets hope for no delay (travelling with 21 month old)
Old Jan 20, 2024, 2:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Amex Plat...
Originally Posted by GumshoeW12
Looks like the cancellations are starting. My BA1337 from NCL tomorrow has just gone.
I was cancelled on the inbound. Always like that time as I get to see a nice sunset in the lounge before 😆
becks1 likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 3:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
A few cancellations so far.. maybe more as day progresses

wrp96 and HadesNL like this.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by Sigwx
The wind speed starts to picks up from late morning tomorrow but the peak excitement occurs right at the end of the operating day and overnight.
Late morning is precisely when I expect to be flying from LGW but I don't mind a bit of turbulence. It reminds me I'm actually flying rather than just sitting in a noisy armchair.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 12:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Well it seems they've fixed their IT issues overnight, but now I can't check in for my Edinburgh flights due to the storm?

😩
Old Jan 21, 2024, 12:23 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
OT from BA but still flight related. One of my boys is off skiing from MAN this afternoon. Forecast is 46 mph winds. So either it will get cancelled/delayed…. or…. since the wind direction is fairly closely aligned to the runway… it will be the shortest takeoff ever.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 12:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by bhbloke
Well it seems they've fixed their IT issues overnight, but now I can't check in for my Edinburgh flights due to the storm?

😩
Looks like my flight is okayish as I can now check-in. Maybe it was a hangover from yesterday's gremlins?
Old Jan 21, 2024, 12:35 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by bhbloke
Looks like my flight is okayish as I can now check-in. Maybe it was a hangover from yesterday's gremlins?
Just managed to snaffle good seats for free for our flight 7 days from now. Was a real B#GGER to log in, so IT issues from yesterday still clearly floating around. But got there in the end. Good luck with your OLCI.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 2:07 am

For anyone who does not know, the strange man standing on a car in the middle of a field shouting at aeroplanes is Big Jet TV. It’s great!

I guess most of the time it caters for plane spotters but his programmes live from an airport in high winds are riveting. Last time as news spread of of the programme he ended up with a huge audience glued to his commentary.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 2:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Greenpen
For anyone who does not know, the strange man standing on a car in the middle of a field shouting at aeroplanes is Big Jet TV. It’s great!

I guess most of the time it caters for plane spotters but his programmes live from an airport in high winds are riveting. Last time as news spread of of the programme he ended up with a huge audience glued to his commentary.
There are only so many times you can watch a plane landing in high winds; in my case, I think it's one, if that.
DXB2745 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.