Club Europe LGW EuroFlyer Check-in Time

Old Jan 10, 2024, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Club Europe LGW EuroFlyer Check-in Time

Hi. Are you able to check in a good few hours before departure? I've not flown Eurofyler yet but I hope that flexibility hasn't changed?! Thanks.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Without baggage you can check in anytime you want and go straight through security. Not sure on bag drop. What does MMB say ?
Old Jan 10, 2024, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Without baggage you can check in anytime you want and go straight through security. Not sure on bag drop. What does MMB say ?
I could be wrong, but MMB doesn't give that detail. I have baggage and whether at LHR or LGW have never had an issue. I suspect (hope) check-in won't have changed because there's mainline BA Club World too, unless of course the whole check-in area has been changed, which I doubt???...he hopes?!

​​​​
Old Jan 10, 2024, 2:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Lidl Plus
Ive never had any issue checking in well in advance. If youre on a morning flight you can also check in after 18:00 (I think) the evening before.

From a customer experience point of view the only real difference between EuroFlyer and mainline is a sticker on the exterior of the aircraft.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by speedbird66
Ive never had any issue checking in well in advance. If youre on a morning flight you can also check in after 18:00 (I think) the evening before.

From a customer experience point of view the only real difference between EuroFlyer and mainline is a sticker on the exterior of the aircraft.
Thank you. So the check-in area hasn't changed at all I assume?
Old Jan 10, 2024, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Its got a new Bronze / WTP check in area if I recall?! Never go to the desks at LGW only ever HBO
Old Jan 10, 2024, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

I've just checked MMB and it's telling me to use First Lounge. I'm Silver status?
Old Jan 10, 2024, 3:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
I've just checked MMB and it's telling me to use First Lounge. I'm Silver status?
welcome to BAs IT, its a bug
Old Jan 10, 2024, 3:51 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Class, plus BAEC.
You should be able to check-in and drop bags as soon as the desks open at LGW.

BA Euroflyer has been much, unnecessarily, fretted over.
DXB2745 and Amlb like this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 4:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Lidl Plus
From what I remember its more or less identical to how it was back in early 2020.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by speedbird66
From what I remember its more or less identical to how it was back in early 2020.
yes its identical. Still on the back wall part.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 10:18 pm

Check in aside, LGW security appears to have introduced (or at least are now enforcing) a 30 minutes conformance from the point of scanning your boarding pass when gaining entry to security before scheduled departure time. Anything less then your boarding pass will denied entry and you'll be turned away.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
welcome to BAs IT, its a bug
Surely not!
Old Jan 11, 2024, 12:12 am
Original Poster

So not much has changed on the ground. Thanks all.
DXB2745 likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Check in aside, LGW security appears to have introduced (or at least are now enforcing) a 30 minutes conformance from the point of scanning your boarding pass when gaining entry to security before scheduled departure time. Anything less then your boarding pass will denied entry and you'll be turned away.
Theres a lot more discretion than the LHR T5 equivalent. If the entrance agent can see the queues are short and you can demonstrate you know where youre going they have the ability (and usually the willingness) to override it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.