Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise jour du champagne

JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise jour du champagne

Old Jun 15, 2024, 3:50 pm

Dom Perignon 2013 tonight, going down nicely!
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 2:15 pm

Programs: Mucci, Untappd 8000+
Flte o Coppa?

Cristal has arrived.
There is plenty, yet it still needs to be chilled.

The shortage of flute glasses has serendipitously led me to ask for a coupe instead.

What better occasion than this to revisit the classic debate:
Are you team flute or team coupe when it comes to Champagne?

Spoiler

Old Jun 22, 2024, 3:38 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Sandy Hopper
Cristal has arrived.
There is plenty, yet it still needs to be chilled.

The shortage of flute glasses has serendipitously led me to ask for a coupe instead.

Good to see its back!

And neither: use a wine glass.
alex67500 and rdhir like this.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by TabTraveller

And neither: use a wine glass.
Oh no. That is how my ber mother has it.

Old Jun 22, 2024, 5:00 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver

Team tulip (or tulip/flute hybrid). And the bigger the better. Tulip designs seem to have become quite popular for Champagne in more recent years, not too dissimilar to modern Sauvignon blanc style glasses in terms of both capacity and shape.

I save the coupes for the martinis. Also the bigger the better!

My current favourite is the Riedel Superleggero Champagne tulip glass, they're a real time saver for the busy bon viveur. Each glass enjoys a capacity of over 460ml, so you can relax & polish off that bottle of Bolly in just two pours when the pressure's on.

Another winner is the Riedel Vinum XL Champagne glass, which is more of a tulip/flute hybrid design, with 340ml capacity. Their mere presence is quite the handful: they will fill your friends and relatives with awe, clearly demonstrating you're a real connoisseur who knows a Cristal from a claret with the briefest of glimpses.
Sandy Hopper likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by Howard Long
My current favourite is the Riedel Superleggero Champagne tulip glass, they're a real time saver for the busy bon viveur. Each glass enjoys a capacity of over 460ml, so you can relax & polish off that bottle of Bolly in just two pours when the pressure's on.
Spoiler

Do you mean a glass like this?
Howard Long likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2024, 4:52 pm

LPGS today

LPGS being offered tonight.
private_md and HaleiwaFlyer like this.
Old Jun 24, 2024, 7:18 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Spoiler

Do you mean a glass like this?
Yep that's the modern tulip/white hybrid houses like Krug opt for today. Although, obviously yours in enhanced by its presence in the T3 First Dining
Old Jun 25, 2024, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
LPGS this morning prior to the daytime departure to LHR.
Old Jun 26, 2024, 7:43 am

This AM it is LPGS and it is truly excellent
Buster CT1K and H2L like this.
Old Jun 28, 2024, 2:17 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Cristal and LPGS both flowing freely today! Its even being offered to everyone without having to ask.
Decided to try a glass of Cristal when I wasnt paying for it, and still dont like it. Switched to LPGS after.
Old Jun 28, 2024, 2:31 pm
NPZ

Programs: One World
Originally Posted by S.R
Cristal and LPGS both flowing freely today! Its even being offered to everyone without having to ask.
Decided to try a glass of Cristal when I wasnt paying for it, and still dont like it. Switched to LPGS after.
Cristal is fantastic. You can actually taste the terroir from where it comes from. Truly spectacular, yet different. LPSG is great as well but more traditional and simple champagne.. I love how bright it can be. Its honestly superior to Dom in just about everyway except marketing.
Old Jun 28, 2024, 2:36 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NPZ
Cristal is fantastic. You can actually taste the terroir from where it comes from. Truly spectacular, yet different. LPSG is great as well but more traditional and simple champagne.. I love how bright it can be. Its honestly superior to Dom in just about everyway except marketing.
Yes I think I prefer sweeter champagnes, hence my affinity for Krug and LPGS and dislike of champagnes like Cristal and Bollinger Grand Annee
Im actually not a huge fan of Dom either but I fly EK too much to swear it off forever LOL
Old Jun 28, 2024, 3:26 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by S.R
Yes I think I prefer sweeter champagnes, hence my affinity for Krug and LPGS and dislike of champagnes like Cristal and Bollinger Grand Annee
Im actually not a huge fan of Dom either but I fly EK too much to swear it off forever LOL
Krug NV (6g sugar/L) actually has less added sugar (dosage) than Cristal (7g/L for the 2014 vintage being served in the Chelsea).

Cristal has a lot more overt acidity on the palate, which I think is what you're picking up on and not enjoying.

Krug and Bollinger Grand Anne both use oak cask for fermentation (which gives wines a slightly richer taste), but if you like one of those and hate the other: that's probably not what you're picking up on.
Old Jun 28, 2024, 3:52 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
If we're talking about sweetness, try the Ultra Brut from Laurent Perrier. I think they don't add any sugar at all. Fresh on a warm summer's afternoon, it's an absolute delight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.