Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Holidays Double Tier Points Promotion | 2024 edition

BA Holidays Double Tier Points Promotion | 2024 edition

Old Jun 22, 2024, 1:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by DeathSlam
Double TPs for the whole trip tend to post as a single block with a single date.
If they do, that year will be the previous year not the 2025-6 year. (the date of the first flight).
There are lots of accounts of outward journeys and return journeys posting as two seperate blocks, but it can't be garaunteed (and isn't in the terms that it will do so).
If it did, then the date ot the return double TPs would be the date of the start of the first flight of the return trip.
The normal single TPs for your trip will always post as earned on the date of your actual flight (but take up to 72 hours to show up).
Actually the T&Cs say the double TPs are awarded after the return. Have a look at Section 4. TPs are doubled (eventually) and the earning date of those TPs is the date of travel notwithstanding they may only be credited to the BAEC account some weeks later.

Most of the time it doesn’t matter when the double TPs are awarded, if they are awarded after the end of a Membership Year they are normally added to the Lifetime balance, although we have heard of some examples where they’ve been awarded to the new Membership Year. If the double TPs are awarded to the wrong Membership Year a simple call to BAEC should rectify the matter.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 2:05 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC electrum
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Actually the T&Cs say the double TPs are awarded after the return. Have a look at Section 4.
I think I was saying the same thing (post later in one chunk with award date of start of travel) but with a nod to what nigelW and some others have reported as their experience, see the discussion around post #1340
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/36286395-post1340.html

Section 4 copied here from post #1 with my bolding
4. Standard Tier Points for the flight elements will be awarded in line with regular awarding timelines after completion of the flight returning to the UK which is part of a Qualifying Booking.The initial transaction will be updated when the additional Tier Points due as a result of this promotion are added to the standard Tier Points, within 14 working days of the return flight which is part of a Qualifying Booking.

The OP was trying to split the TPs earned for a holiday by flying out before their year end and coming back afterwards.
Only the single TPs for the flights taken in the new year will post in the new year, the first flights single TPs and all the double TPs will post in the original year which I don't think is what they wanted.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DeathSlam
… Only the single TPs for the flights taken in the new year will post in the new year, the first flights single TPs and all the double TPs will post in the original year which I don't think is what they wanted.
I’m not following the bolded portion, although we could actually be agreeing! The TPs for each flight are awarded, both Standard TPs and promotional Double TPs, on the dates flown. If the outbound flight is in the old Membership Year both Standard and Promotional TPs for the outbound flights will be credited to the old Membership Year. If the return flights are in the new Membership Year both Standard and Promotional TPs for the inbound flights will be credited to the new Membership Year.

Sometimes there are errors in posting the TPs (we are talking BA I.T. Here) but the T&Cs (and the Rules of BAEC) dictate that TPs (Standard and Promotional) are awarded for the actual date of travel.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 5:17 am

Hi. I’m a little unclear, are the Finnair flights to Helsinki with BA codeshares included in the double tier points offer?
Old Jun 22, 2024, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dn212
Hi. Iím a little unclear, are the Finnair flights to Helsinki with BA codeshares included in the double tier points offer?
Yes, provided all the other requirements are met 👍🏻
Old Jun 22, 2024, 9:17 am

Hi, does anyone have any experience with the following scenario?

booking on GLA-LHR-IAD return, 4 nights hotel in IAD, 1 night hotel on the return in LHR, prior to LHR-GLA.

have to miss the LHR-GLA - but will check in for the 1 night hotel in LhR. Will the double tier points still credit at least for the 3 sectors travelled?

thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2024, 9:27 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by asy949
Hi, does anyone have any experience with the following scenario?

booking on GLA-LHR-IAD return, 4 nights hotel in IAD, 1 night hotel on the return in LHR, prior to LHR-GLA.

have to miss the LHR-GLA - but will check in for the 1 night hotel in LhR. Will the double tier points still credit at least for the 3 sectors travelled?

thanks!
Yes but missing a leg can throw the automated system meaning that some or all of the DTPs might not credit properly. When this has happened to me Iíve just contacted BA and it was sorted out within a few weeks.
asy949 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 9:46 am

At the start of April next year I'll jump to 1120 TPs after a holiday (BA) to Hong Kong on Qatar. Am now looking at a trip that will bump us up to Gold status.

Looking at Toronto in May in PE rather than Club which would net 320 TPs so still 60 short. The obvious answer is to make one of the legs (probably outward) a domestic connection e.g. MAN-LHR-YYZ with the domestic leg in CE, and then a direct return YYZ-LHR.

When selecting Premium Ecocnomy for the flights it always seems to default to economy for the domestic leg. I know I could do this as a multi flight itinerary and select CE for the domestic leg but that would lose the through flight protection.

Is there any way of forcing this in the system or will I need to call up to book?
Thanks in advance

Old Jun 23, 2024, 4:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
I can't see T&C explicitly forbidding this - has anyone tried a holiday where the hotel is booked for 5 nights after the return portion of the flight? In other words, I fly LHR-XXX-LHR and a week later have another trip booked say on avios and consume 5 nights hotel there. Does it qualify? The total trip will not exceed 30 days so should qualify, but a data point would be useful.
Old Jun 23, 2024, 4:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, Amex UK Plat
Originally Posted by wmaciej
I can't see T&C explicitly forbidding this - has anyone tried a holiday where the hotel is booked for 5 nights after the return portion of the flight? In other words, I fly LHR-XXX-LHR and a week later have another trip booked say on avios and consume 5 nights hotel there. Does it qualify? The total trip will not exceed 30 days so should qualify, but a data point would be useful.
I'm afraid there is an explicit condition which doesn't make this eligible:

d) The hotel/car element of the package must be for a minimum of five nights within the flight travel dates ...
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2024, 4:14 am

Programs: BAEC
Do you mean this Term/ Condition?

d) The hotel/car element of the package must be for a minimum of five nights within the flight travel dates
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2024, 4:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Damn, I've missed that. Thanks both.
Old Jun 23, 2024, 5:18 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Damn, I've missed that. Thanks both.
it is a loop hole they clamped down last year or so
Old Jun 23, 2024, 6:28 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
I think you have to call

(post 1434)
Pringla2 likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2024, 9:50 am

I'm not sure if I have messed up my holiday booking to take advantage of the double tier points.

I've booked LGW-TFS-LGW-LHR-GLA-LHR all flights within 30 days with a gap of 12 days between the return from TFS and the flight to GLA. The booking also has 5 days car hire while in Tenerife. But just been reading that multiple domestic legs not allowed. Will having added the GLA leg stop me getting the double tier points?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.