DYKWIA | 2024 edition

Old Mar 29, 2024, 9:56 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by c1223
Who's going to own up to being the drunkard in the CCR yesterday who insisted on being driven to the plane from A10.
Doesn't everyone get driven to the plane from A10?
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:02 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by IJG2
Doesn't everyone get driven to the plane from A10?
I think the preferred term is herded.
BA or bust, tmac100, wrp96 and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:11 am

I think the preferred term is herded.
Seems apt, given the DYKWIA was acting like a goat....
tmac100, wrp96 and Bellerina like this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 11:07 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Which flights were heading from A10? We can probably narrow it down from there,

M
ORD, DEL and FAO were all A10s yesterday at around 1030 but I suspect / hope this was somewhat later in the day given the amount of booze consumed.

I do take the DYKWIAs point though that A10 is about the least premium way to board an aircraft.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 11:39 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines
Originally Posted by TabTraveller

I do take the DYKWIAs point though that A10 is about the least premium way to board an aircraft.
Doesn't excuse that sort of behaviour though. Perhaps he should have been driven up the A10 as far away from CCR as possible.
wrp96 and becks1 like this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 11:53 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
Who's going to own up to being the drunkard in the CCR yesterday who insisted on being driven to the plane from A10. It had the trifecta:
- Loudly saying to their mate "I've been GGL for x years so it's the least they can do"
- Stumbling around the dining room
- Remarks about the champagne change (of course) for the whole lounge to hear.

It was actually quite embarassing. I really wonder about people's sense of entitlement sometimes.
TBH this sounds like classic Corporate-Wage-Slave behaviour, so I suspect it was him.

<joke, obviously>
Old Mar 29, 2024, 11:57 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC electrum
Originally Posted by higham44
Doesn't excuse that sort of behaviour though. Perhaps he should have been driven up the A10 as far away from CCR as possible.
It does sound like the poor chap was rather beyond his limit.
When you consume enough booze to relax yourself into your normal awful personality rather than keeping it hidden in public, you enter DYKWIA territory.
When you consume enough for a psychotic episode you may get yourself on a dedicated thread based on the news coverage.
Demanding to be driven to the plane definitely sounds like we're moving towards category 2.
In the US when such a request is denied this sort of behaviour seems to be followed up with a second request "Why don't you arrest me then?" which often seems to be granted. Had it happened at the gate rather than the CCR I suspect it would have resulted in denied boarding. So the offender can think themselves lucky that their status and presence in the CCR probably managed to insulate them from the consequences that mere mortals might have had from such behaviour.
flygirl68, wrp96, KARFA and 3 others like this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 1:16 pm

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
I would have had him driven to the A303
BA or bust, RockyRobin and AKGAZ like this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 8:00 am

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
CX Business lounge LHR T3, today I’m being entertained by a mix of FaceTime calls and YouTube on speaker phone next to me.

Last edited by GOTBound; Mar 31, 2024 at 8:38 am
Old Mar 31, 2024, 8:27 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by GOTBound
CX Business lounge LHR T3, today Im geting entertained by a mix of FaceTime calls and YouTube on speaker phone next to me.
This is why I travel with noise cancelling ear buds and a white noise app on my phone. So irritating.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines
CX Business lounge LHR T3, today Im being entertained by a mix of FaceTime calls and YouTube on speaker phone next to me.
Were you tempted to have a few words regarding the noise?
Maestro Ramen likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 9:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Easier to sit with them and join in with what is obviously an "open for all" Teams type call.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 9:48 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
CX Business lounge LHR T3, today Im being entertained by a mix of FaceTime calls and YouTube on speaker phone next to me.
I find blasting out death metal on speaker next to them usually has the desired effect...
BA or bust, the810, wrp96 and 6 others like this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 9:49 am

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
Although I master a handull of the major European anglo-latin-saxon languages this was one I didn't even recognize, however I have my doubts over the origin but as the gentleman I am I shall not point any fingers towards a specific country.
BA or bust, Rebel54 and becks1 like this.

Last edited by GOTBound; Mar 31, 2024 at 9:54 am
Old Mar 31, 2024, 9:51 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by jimlad48
I find blasting out death metal on speaker next to them usually has the desired effect...
My go to is Angel of Death, more thrash than death, but its always been effective. Most recently in mini-CCR in T3
BA or bust, wrp96, Rebel54 and 2 others like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.