Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

ba.com and app seat reservation issues whilst booking

Old Dec 31, 2023, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

For 3-4 days now (on different devices, both on the app and ba.com) there is a constant error when trying to 'choose seats for free' linked to status before finalising a booking. It's getting VERY annoying. Is this a widely known issue at the moment. It's certainly stopping me from booking online. Thanks.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Just book online and choose seats afterwards? Seat maps can be checked on Expertflyer or Seat Alerts App (by Expertflyer) for free
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Just book online and choose seats afterwards? Seat maps can be checked on Expertflyer or Seat Alerts App (by Expertflyer) for free
I have used ExpertFlyer in the past. My gripe is why should anyone have to? It's an airline booking seats..it shouldn't be rocket science!!!!!

I still like BA, BUT, only for the actual travel experience. Apart from that, customer service sometimes can be dire unfortunately.
​​
Old Dec 31, 2023, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
But my suggestion solves your problem and allows you to book. Choose seats later and book now what you want to book.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 2:13 pm

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
With my status (OWE or OWS over the years) coming from AA, I have never been able to book seats (for nothing) until after the booking is complete. Of all the BA IT issues out there, and I think this isn't actually an issue, rather part of the design, it causes me the least pain or concern.

Nothing like the current IT issue affecting AA members: see the AA forum thread about denied mileage credit. That one is a true Kafka problem. Incidentally, if anyone on this forum who is unaware of this issue and who has an inkling of how it might be solved, there would doubtless be many grateful souls.
LCSinTexas likes this.

Last edited by tjcxx; Dec 31, 2023 at 2:21 pm
Old Dec 31, 2023, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
For 3-4 days now (on different devices, both on the app and ba.com) there is a constant error when trying to 'choose seats for free' linked to status before finalising a booking. It's getting VERY annoying. Is this a widely known issue at the moment. It's certainly stopping me from booking online. Thanks.
You might want to post your issue here:
Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]
or here:
The British Airways iPhone & Android App

And then peruse the threads to see if anyone else is having a similar issue.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
But my suggestion solves your problem and allows you to book. Choose seats later and book now what you want to book.
I understand your suggestion, however, if I can't see suitable seats before committing, I'll not book. I'm aware that I could cancel within 24 hrs but it's not a good option.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tjcxx
With my status (OWE or OWS over the years) coming from AA, I have never been able to book seats (for nothing) until after the booking is complete. Of all the BA IT issues out there, and I think this isn't actually an issue, rather part of the design, it causes me the least pain or concern.

Nothing like the current IT issue affecting AA members: see the AA forum thread about denied mileage credit. That one is a true Kafka problem. Incidentally, if anyone on this forum who is unaware of this issue and who has an inkling of how it might be solved, there would doubtless be many grateful souls.
Your situation may be by design, but mine is not. I've always been able to choose seats before confirming a booking.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.