Malé Maldives Pricing Patterns

Old Dec 25, 2023, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Malé Maldives Pricing Patterns

Is there any better time to go to Male?

Both in terms of weather (looks good anytime to me) and pricing (seems worse in UK winter)…
Old Dec 25, 2023, 5:24 am
TGC

Programs: BA GGL
It's drier in the English winter down there (check the rainfall not just temperature by month)
Old Dec 25, 2023, 5:49 am

Yes monsoon weather generally hits after Easter so generally May-September are often cheaper for good reason (both flights and hotel prices).
Old Dec 25, 2023, 5:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Yes monsoon weather generally hits after Easter so generally May-September are often cheaper for good reason (both flights and hotel prices).
Good reason as in don’t go?
Old Dec 25, 2023, 6:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Seriously thought this was going to be a thread about how men are charged differently to women in the BA app.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Lucanesque
Seriously thought this was going to be a thread about how men are charged differently to women in the BA app.
We all did!!!
Old Dec 25, 2023, 6:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Will100
well really depends what is your expectations. If you ok with a daily rain and constant overcast weather with wind etc then you can enjoy the low season. If you want nice sunny beach days with little or no rain go to the high seasons. Also those beautiful corals are not available for all hotels either. Some of the busy ones has no house coral and for my opinion it’s no difference than let says beach resort in Malaga. W hotels for example has really nice house corals but it will cost you much more. So really depends what you really want from that holiday. Something special one of the life time experience then go high season to a top end resort. Just to say I’ve been in the Maldives as cheap as possible go during July or August to one of the busy resort.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 6:22 am

I've been in early May before, before things spice up weather wise and it's been idyllic. One of my colleagues went one July and the weather was so intense their seaplane had to make an unscheduled landing until things had calmed down before flying on to their final destination. Pick your resort wisely as you may appreciate having something to do on the days where snorkelling and sunbathing are out of the question. None of this is saying it'll be wall to wall doom and goom from May-October. There will still be good weather within that time period.

BA and Virgin both flying year round to MLE I think. This didn't always used to be the case. The service was extended to Northern hemisphere summer in reaction to demand. People definitely still travel there in low season, no doubt attracted to the better pricing.

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Dec 25, 2023 at 6:27 am
Old Dec 25, 2023, 7:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver IHG Diamond Ambassador Hilton Diamond
Male weather is notoriously unpredictable and can vary wildly between north and southern atolls. Check local forecasts / trends as well.

Friend went to Baa in August 2022; perfect weather throughout. I went in 2021 - same time - and was windy and rainy throughout.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 7:59 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Blue, Hilton Gold, Virgin Red
I read the thread title and totally got the wrong end of the stick

Last edited by Sealink; Dec 25, 2023 at 4:25 pm
Old Dec 25, 2023, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Krisz
well really depends what is your expectations. If you ok with a daily rain and constant overcast weather with wind etc then you can enjoy the low season. If you want nice sunny beach days with little or no rain go to the high seasons. Also those beautiful corals are not available for all hotels either. Some of the busy ones has no house coral and for my opinion it’s no difference than let says beach resort in Malaga. W hotels for example has really nice house corals but it will cost you much more. So really depends what you really want from that holiday. Something special one of the life time experience then go high season to a top end resort. Just to say I’ve been in the Maldives as cheap as possible go during July or August to one of the busy resort.
Understood, sounds like it’s a high season, good hotel kind of place.

one wanted to go for a while and would like to see it at its best.

TBH BA pricing in J seems relatively consistent year round although I’m sure hotels will vary more.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 9:41 am

Programs: AA,SPG, Delta, Amtrak, JB
I'm going in April. It better have perfect weather

And yes, the title had me thinking something completely different as well.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 10:11 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC electrum
Sounds like it’s a high season, good hotel kind of place.
Whilst that is true, I went to a mid range hotel in the shoulder season and thoroughly enjoyed it. I do this in the Caribbean as well. Rain that is at 80 degrees F doesn't phase me at all, and I don't scuba so turbid seas don't matter either. The result is my beach holidays tend to cost 1/3 or less (yes really, that's not a typo) of those of my friends who go in prime season to top end resorts. As always you are balancing time, money and risk. There's always a chance my holiday will get completely bobbinised by the weather, that's why it's cheap, but fingers crossed it hasn't happened yet.
There are some very expensive resorts in the Maldives (the cheapest room in the place I paid $100/night for 20 years ago seems to be well over $2000/night now) and I suppose if you are going for a water villa where the sole reason is to watch the fishes below, then the logic might be different.
ENTP and crisdean like this.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 10:34 am

Programs: BAEC
Are there female pricing patterns?
Old Dec 25, 2023, 11:02 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Honours Diamond
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Are there female pricing patterns?
Maybe on Boxing Day at the sales.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.