Malé Maldives Pricing Patterns

Old Apr 19, 2024, 6:07 am

Programs: AA,SPG, Delta, Amtrak, JB
Originally Posted by timtamw
I cant wait for next month when I arrive now its wonderful isnt it
It was fantastic for me. I love the ocean. I love to snorkel and frolick and go kayaking and just laze catching up on reading while having the gentle crashing of the waves on the shore as background music.

If you are travelling business or first, there is a queue on the right hand side for immigration. Make sure you enter this queue and not the one for economy passengers as you could be there for days

I hope you have just as good weather. Let us know how your trip turn out.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 1:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by AJNEDC
It was fantastic for me. I love the ocean. I love to snorkel and frolick and go kayaking and just laze catching up on reading while having the gentle crashing of the waves on the shore as background music.

If you are travelling business or first, there is a queue on the right hand side for immigration. Make sure you enter this queue and not the one for economy passengers as you could be there for days

I hope you have just as good weather. Let us know how your trip turn out.
Thank you for the tips!

Im flying in business so that will be handy!

Im a little nervous to kayak alone but I’d love to try it dependant on sea conditions and weather of course!
AJNEDC likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 3:16 pm

Thank you for the tips!

Im flying in business so that will be handy!

Im a little nervous to kayak alone but I’d love to try it dependant on sea conditions and weather of course!
The diving centre provides you with a life jacket for any activity, if you want one or if you tell them you can't swim. While I can swim, I still took one coz I figured if I were to fall out of the kayak, I could spend little to no energy by floating to my heart's content.
The first time in the kayak felt as if I would fall out, but I soon got the feel of it and by the 6th day (yes, I went kayaking every day) I was fine as I had adapted to the rocking motion. The waters were so placid and calm, and the area kayaking was not at all deep so I had no fear.

You will be fine.

On your way back, give yourself time as there are two security checks. One to get you in the terminal for check - in and one when you go upstairs to clear immigration before being able to get to the gate. There are separate queues for business class pax, and you may be fortunate like me to get from boat drop off to lounge in under 40 mins.

There is just one lounge used by all airlines. IRRC, it is called the Lelani lounge and it is just to the right of the elevators that take you down to the departure gates.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 2:25 pm

The diving centre provides you with a life jacket for any activity, if you want one or if you tell them you can't swim. While I can swim, I still took one coz I figured if I were to fall out of the kayak, I could spend little to no energy by floating to my heart's content.
The first time in the kayak felt as if I would fall out, but I soon got the feel of it and by the 6th day (yes, I went kayaking every day) I was fine as I had adapted to the rocking motion. The waters were so placid and calm, and the area kayaking was not at all deep so I had no fear.

You will be fine.

On your way back, give yourself time as there are two security checks. One to get you in the terminal for check - in and one when you go upstairs to clear immigration before being able to get to the gate. There are separate queues for business class pax, and you may be fortunate like me to get from boat drop off to lounge in under 40 mins.

There is just one lounge used by all airlines. IRRC, it is called the Lelani lounge and it is just to the right of the elevators that take you down to the departure gates.
Thank you! Last year I conquered my fear of the sea and snorkelled so this year I’d be super happy if I could tick off kayaking! Fingers crossed I get calm enough seas to do it!
Old Apr 30, 2024, 4:47 pm

Thank you! Last year I conquered my fear of the sea and snorkelled so this year I’d be super happy if I could tick off kayaking! Fingers crossed I get calm enough seas to do it!
Use a life jacket when you go snorkelling and you use less energy. I discovered this, snorkelling in Cancun 15 years ago. Haven't been back to snorkelling without one.

When you have mastered kayaking, try paddleboarding.
Old May 1, 2024, 12:50 am

Use a life jacket when you go snorkelling and you use less energy. I discovered this, snorkelling in Cancun 15 years ago. Haven't been back to snorkelling without one.

When you have mastered kayaking, try paddleboarding.
Yeah they made us wear life jackets when I visited last year as the sea was so rough and I agree it makes it so much easier!
Old May 1, 2024, 1:13 am

My suggestion for the low season is combine the Maldives with another destination - e.g. Sri Lanka, Singapore, etc. so enjoying the trip is not so weather dependent.
timtamw likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.