Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Old format MMB link now removed [then restored] [then removed again]

Old Dec 13, 2023, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis

The link back to the previous (usable) MMB link has now been removed from the BA website.

Complaint going in, but all a bit pointless. It was the one bit of the website that actually worked reasonably well.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 4:47 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
To whom have you sent the complaint?
Old Dec 13, 2023, 4:57 am

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
That's annoying. The old format always seemed to me to have more about it.
SxMan likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 5:02 am

Programs: BA GGL
[deleted]
Old Dec 13, 2023, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I sent it to the GGL team, but I imagine the feedback form would work just as well if not better.

I would suppose a flood of complaints would have some sort of impact.

To be fair, some work has been done on the new format, there is a bit that now displays TPs and an estimate of the byzantine calculation used to work out the new transparent system for allocating Avios to a booking. It's just much more cumbersome than the old method.
YacozA likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 5:12 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Avis Preferred
crumbs.

i was just reviewing a few things earlier this morning and the link was still there so this downgrade just happened.

it is so useful and i'd think standard practice for an airline to display all relevant details for a booking on a single surface instead of this non-sense multi-surface format
BA or bust likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 5:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
Gone for me too.

Massive downgrade but I'm sure we'll get use to it eventually.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 5:20 am

Programs: BAEC GGLfL
Sigh. I've just been forced to use the new MMB this morning following an email from BA telling me that there had been a schedule change to one of my bookings, but not telling me in the email what. I had to click separately on the sectors to try and work out which one(s) had changed.
Markie likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 5:30 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Drat! I loathe it. I found the Old Format far easier to negotiate. This is an unnecessary solution to a non-existent problem.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 5:31 am

This was bound to happen. Although, I prefer the old format and always used it, I never understood why they kept it around when they had the new one.

H
Grande Annee likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Hoch
This was bound to happen. Although, I prefer the old format and always used it, I never understood why they kept it around when they had the new one.
Because BA know their own IT is a state at the best of times and unusable at the worst.

Last edited by Genius1; Dec 13, 2023 at 12:11 pm
Old Dec 13, 2023, 7:00 am

If you really want to get the old version, there's a MMBVERSION cookie with the default value of OPT-IN, change it to OPT-OUT and refresh the page.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 7:55 am

Programs: BAEC
One thing I cannot find in the new MMB is the fare bucket info. I have to go to the old version to find that. As far as I can see that still do not include this in the new version so it's annoying that we can no longer back track versions .
pmcbeagle likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 8:06 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Originally Posted by BJ787
If you really want to get the old version, there's a MMBVERSION cookie with the default value of OPT-IN, change it to OPT-OUT and refresh the page.
So this suggests the old version is still there, just the link to it has been removed. Could you elaborate on how to change the above cookie thing?

Or perhaps easier if someone might have the link saved and can paste it here?
Gastrocnemius likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Exec, LH M&M
Oh no! I prefer the old format

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.