Link PNR - TSA Pre

Old Nov 28, 2023, 3:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Link PNR - TSA Pre

Anyone know if linking PNRs connects TSA Pre?

As in when you have 2 pax on one reservation and one has TSA Pre then both get access (in my experience). Just wondering if you link PNR will it do the same. Long shot but enquiring (wife on another ticket).

Next question is can you link AA and BA bookings!
Old Nov 28, 2023, 3:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
No and no.

All linking does is add something to the notes in a booking referencing the other.
River in Sight likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 3:22 am

Programs: BA GGL
I think you'll struggle with the spousal benefit on the basis that your tickets will be different. Is one a codeshare? FYI TSA Pre doesn't otherwise really allow guests (except children). Spouses aren't a guaranteed guest either.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 3:30 am

Programs: BAEC
When I first applied for GE and TSAPre the husband got Pre access when we were on the same booking for a while. That stopped some time ago and I don't believe that access is extended to any non-member anymore.

It makes sense as GE and TSAPre are Trusted Traveller programs and allowing access-by-association defeats some of the purpose.
AJNEDC, skimthetrees and watson10 like this.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Makes sense and as expected. Also re spouses I always found that odd too!
Hydebear likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
If one person has Pre and another pax does not, it has been my experience TSA will ask the other person to move to the regular lines, even if on the same itinerary, and even for children.
AJNEDC and watson10 like this.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Repooc17
If one person has Pre and another pax does not, it has been my experience TSA will ask the other person to move to the regular lines, even if on the same itinerary, and even for children.
How old are the children in question? 12 and under can accompany parents with PreCheck as a general rule.

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/frequentl...-tsa-precheckr
crazy8534 and River in Sight like this.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 10:54 am

Programs: AA,SPG, Delta, Amtrak, JB
Right call by the TSA.

You did not pay for the privilege; you did not go through the validation process. It did not perform its due diligence on you; it isn't a buy one get one free product. Get out of the line.
etiene likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA Amex Prem, BA Amex Business, Amex Platinum, Coutts Silk, Hilton Diamond etc.
Originally Posted by chessman
How old are the children in question? 12 and under can accompany parents with PreCheck as a general rule.

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/frequentl...-tsa-precheckr
Yes, have been able to take my children through TSA Pre up to and including the age of 12 years old. Have done so on several occasions.

But as above, any other adult on the same reservation would not be entitled to use Pre.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 5:20 pm

In my experience theyve allowed/encouraged us to split, so one in each queue. Either that or theyve given the Pre customer one of the weird laminated cards they mainly use in smaller non-segregated airports. But yes, never an upgrade for the non-checked person.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 9:14 pm

They were making it clear in the TSA Pre line at PHX recently and advising those in line "If it doesn't have TSA Pre on your boarding pass you are in the wrong line"
Old Nov 29, 2023, 1:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
What used to happen in the past was that a family on the same booking would all get TSA-Pre on their boarding passes, even if only one person was in the program.

Wasnt an official policy, more of a soft feature which doesnt seem to be the case anymore.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 4:56 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA Amex Prem, BA Amex Business, Amex Platinum, Coutts Silk, Hilton Diamond etc.
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
What used to happen in the past was that a family on the same booking would all get TSA-Pre on their boarding passes, even if only one person was in the program.

Wasnt an official policy, more of a soft feature which doesnt seem to be the case anymore.
Yes, and then you used to get it just by virtue of being in J or F on AA (which was a bit silly given the history of why the TSA was invented).
When we travelled as a family and I could use TSA Pre with one of the children we just took most of the bags though with us whereas my wife and older son walked through normal security with a small carry-on.
Similarly, I was SSSS'd in Feb (despite having GE) so I just took 1 small bag with a load of clothes in it for the check, and left all of the complicated electronics, wires etc with my family.

There is a degree of stupidity to splitting families like that, certainly.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 2:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA

Didn't realise that as I signed up my wife for GE a few years ago, before that it worked virtually 100%. One reason to get GE was that it allows using the Sentri lines when driving across the border from Mexico.

What also used to be the case that you sometimes would get TSA-Pre if you were over a certain age - not sure if that's still the case.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.