Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

No tube or train service to T5 on 25 and 26 November [problems continue 27 Nov]

Old Nov 15, 2023, 10:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

Note there will be fairly tricky public transport options for T5, and to some extent T3 next Saturday and Sunday.25 and 26 November 2023.

- No HEX service at all to Heathrow, any terminal
- Elizabeth Line will not run to Heathrow (nearest stop Hayes and Harlington). I have some queries about this since the TfL site is giving ambiguous information.
- Piccadilly Line will run, but not to T5 and all services will run Hatton Cross - T4 - T2/T3.

There will be a special bus service from T2 and T3 to T5, but that's going to add a good 20 minutes to the process. Personally I think it would be easier to alight at T4 and take the TfL normal bus service to T5, H30, 482 and 489.

It may be easier to take the national rail service to Feltham and a taxi / Uber from there.

The cause is engineering work at several places, including the T5 station.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 10:44 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Thanks for the heads up. I hope this isn't going to be a regular weekend thing as I'm not affected on those dates but would be the following one.
SxMan likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 8:56 pm

Programs: BA
Just booked my flight leaving 25th morning from T5 before reading this thread.
Any suggestions on getting to T5 from Russell Square? My flight leaves at 8am.

Tfl suggests taking the Piccadilly line to T4, then transfer by bus to T5?
adrianlondon likes this.

Last edited by hakzai; Nov 16, 2023 at 3:22 am Reason: wrong date
Old Nov 15, 2023, 9:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks - I was hoping to do a 'quick' trip into central London having a 5-hour layover. I guess it will be 5 hours in the Flounge... (or I might try the other way to Windsor).
Old Nov 16, 2023, 1:55 am

Programs: BA & IHG
Thanks for the heads up as at T4 hotel on 25th and need to get to T5. Have been debating with myself should I get the tube or use the H30 service which I used late at night in September (T5 to T4) which was great as it was a like a private car service as none else was on it. But clearly it it the bus service (so no more debating with myself) but clearly will not be the private car service as before.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 2:22 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ROE100
Thanks for the heads up as at T4 hotel on 25th and need to get to T5. Have been debating with myself should I get the tube or use the H30 service which I used late at night in September (T5 to T4) which was great as it was a like a private car service as none else was on it. But clearly it it the bus service (so no more debating with myself) but clearly will not be the private car service as before.
would you not have gone for the TfL buses 482/490 by default anyway going from T4 to T5?
Old Nov 16, 2023, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K(until 2024), MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I thought that the Tube used entirely different tracks in different locations from HEX/Liz so I dont understand why they are working on both at the same time.
camdentown likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 2:37 am

Programs: BA & IHG
Yes KARFA I would have but my travel partner has an adversion to bus travel so that was my debate with myself in how to convince him the bus was the best option, but there is no option now so actually/strangely this closure is a good result.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 2:49 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
I thought that the Tube used entirely different tracks in different locations from HEX/Liz so I dont understand why they are working on both at the same time.
They do, but whilst the Piccadilly line stations at Terminal (1,)2,3 and Terminal 4 are separate stations which are owned and operated by London Underground, the station at Terminal 5 is a single station that is operated by Heathrow Rail. Due to the nature of the works being carried out by Heathrow at the Terminal 5 station, it is not possible for the Piccadilly line to use Terminal 5 in customer service.
adrianlondon, becks1 and revorgap like this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 2:49 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by hakzai
Tfl suggests taking the Piccadilly line to T4, then transfer by bus to T5?
There's a 10 minute interval service at 05:00 hrs, gets you to T4 in just under an hour, so you can be at T4 bus stop a bit after 06:00, so you should be at T5 around 06:20 hrs or so. On a Sunday that's plenty of time for clearing T5. Or perhaps consider a Uber from say Hammersmith, though the timings would be somewhat similar overall.

I would also consider getting a Heathrow airport hotel for the night to reduce risk and hassle, say one of the T4 hotels.
adrianlondon, becks1 and Steve74 like this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 2:56 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
There's a 10 minute interval service at 05:00 hrs, gets you to T4 in just under an hour, so you can be at T4 bus stop a bit after 06:00, so you should be at T5 around 06:20 hrs or so. On a Sunday that's plenty of time for clearing T5. Or perhaps consider a Uber from say Hammersmith, though the timings would be somewhat similar overall.
There is also the option of the N9 from the Central Bus Station (above T123 Underground station) which runs at two buses per hour all night, should they want to arrive any earlier.

Link to timetable: https://tfl.gov.uk/bus/timetable/n9?...ction=outbound
Old Nov 16, 2023, 3:06 am

Elizabeth Line has additional closures that weekend. In addition to not serving Heathrow, there will be no service in the central London core. Trains will operate from Paddington towards Reading and a separate service from Liverpool Street to Sheffield. Nothing on the Paddington to Abbey Wood (via Canary Wharf) section.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 3:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by rcspeirs
Elizabeth Line has additional closures that weekend. In addition to not serving Heathrow, there will be no service in the central London core. Trains will operate from Paddington towards Reading and a separate service from Liverpool Street to Sheffield. Nothing on the Paddington to Abbey Wood (via Canary Wharf) section.
As a former resident of Shenfield, I feel the need to correct this...
ajamieson and AirbusA350 like this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 3:24 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

I would also consider getting a Heathrow airport hotel for the night to reduce risk and hassle, say one of the T4 hotels.
Whoops I meant 25th not 26th. But I assume a Saturday morning with HBO should give me enough time.
Is there a bus schedule for T4 to T5 bus?
Old Nov 16, 2023, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hakzai
Whoops I meant 25th not 26th. But I assume a Saturday morning with HBO should give me enough time.
Is there a bus schedule for T4 to T5 bus?
Yes, same principle, slightly better service. There are buses every few minutes from T4, but I can see the TfL Journey Planner has been fully updated. I think it's going to bias going to T2-T3 because they reckon the bus link to T5 will take 8 minutes - that's not a bus I would like to be on.
becks1 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.