Not staying fifth night of BA Holidays

Old Oct 24, 2023, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Not staying fifth night of BA Holidays

I have to change a trip that has 5 nights booked through BAH for double tier points. I now need to leave after 4 nights, but not back home. I will fly home a week later.

I guess I could just not stay the fifth night and not check out? Or is there a better way to make sure I am still eligible for double tier points.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 12:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nathanliu
I have to change a trip that has 5 nights booked through BAH for double tier points. I now need to leave after 4 nights, but not back home. I will fly home a week later.

I guess I could just not stay the fifth night and not check out? Or is there a better way to make sure I am still eligible for double tier points.
Hi Nathanliu

I believe there are experiences of people doing this and still received the double tier points, I don't think it would be a problem. There's plenty of info in this thread too.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Absolutely don’t check out early there’s no issues, it’s usual for people to book an extra night accom to use the facilities until later in the day, and not stay the night
Old Oct 24, 2023, 1:49 pm

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Youll be fine.

As far as I understand it, it relies on BAH being told by the hotel you didnt check in or stay the full stay. Contractually in some cases this may mean the hotel doesnt get paid fully. Therefore its in the hotels best interests to keep quiet.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 1:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Chevalier d'Honneur des Muccis
Simply put up the do not disturb and walk away
mikeyfly and DXB2745 like this.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all.

I do want to use the room most of the next day, to store my bag etc.

My only fear is that I have an AA flight with my exec club number booked to depart before the fifth night!
Old Oct 24, 2023, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks all.

My only fear is that I have an AA flight with my exec club number booked to depart before the fifth night!
Definitely over thinking BAs investigative abilities!
DXB2745 and RichieMc like this.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 1:55 pm

Programs: BAEC
Thanks all.

Obviously if you are not using the return flight I dont know what youll get doubled. One hopes the outbound flight of course.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LimitingFactor
Obviously if you are not using the return flight I don’t know what you’ll get doubled. One hopes the outbound flight of course.
I am using the return flight, I just moved it back a few days. I'm doing some domestic travel in between.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 10:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
I am using the return flight, I just moved it back a few days. I'm doing some domestic travel in between.
​​​​​​

Not aware of any rule to say that you can't fly during the holiday.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.