F Amenity Kit

Old Oct 17, 2023, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

F Amenity Kit

A rather micro detail question that perhaps a regular F traveller may be able to help me with please.
Flying LHR-SCL F at the end of next week (the longest BA flight I believe). It's been several years since our last BA F flight.

Looking at photos online of the current F amenity kit it appears to contain shaving gel - which is good - but no razor to use it with !

Is this normal ? Maybe as with some other airlines one can obtain items such as this from the CC ?

Thank you
Old Oct 17, 2023, 1:46 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, KrisFlyer Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, IHG Diamond Ambasador
I think they set them up in the bathroom, but I'm not sure. I think I saw them in June and August, and I didn't see them in the September and October flights

Last edited by Pierre_m; Oct 17, 2023 at 2:59 pm
Old Oct 17, 2023, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
They are available on request.
Jimmie76, LondonAndy and Blenheim like this.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 2:55 pm

I guess these days are long gone 😁
Old Oct 17, 2023, 11:00 pm

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
The razors given out by most airlines are not really fit for purpose so easier/better just to take your own which you more than likely will need later anyhow (just wrap it up along side your fluids).
orbitmic, bafan, ryanbriar and 3 others like this.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 11:13 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA Amex Prem, BA Amex Business, Amex Platinum, Coutts Silk, Hilton Diamond etc.
No razor in the standard on board amenity kit but if you ask at the shower reception to the left of the CCR entrance they will give you a small boxed set including a disposable razor and a tube of shaving foam. The razor is of usual disposable quality and perfectly serviceable IMO.
becks1 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 12:51 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Available on request as mentioned above or from the SPA. Gone are the days you used to get a good Wilkinson Sword dispossable one which lasted quite a while.
mnhusker likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by CT-UK
Available on request as mentioned above or from the SPA. Gone are the days you used to get a good Wilkinson Sword dispossable one which lasted quite a while.
Gone are the days of the spa - where you could get a (not geat!) wet shave!
bafan and wanderingjock like this.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 8:31 am

Programs: BAEC
They're available on request. If the crew aren't sure where they are, they're in the back up toiletries canister.
Jimmie76 and Britflyer18 like this.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 8:34 am

The gel may have other uses
Old Oct 18, 2023, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Well they should as that’s where you go if you need to replace the toiletries In the loos.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 10:28 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Someone shaving costs again?
Old Oct 18, 2023, 10:31 am

Programs: AA Platinum for Life, AS MVP Gold 100K, Marriott Titanium for Life, Hilton Diamond
On a related topic, the Elemis shave gel is very nice (as are the two moisturizers that come in the kit). Much better IMO than shave cream.
TheRealBabushka likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 10:48 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
I like the pen, deodorant and socks in the amenity kit. If I want a wet shave I have always been able to get a razor from the crew.
Blenheim likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA
Data point...Cathay Lounge Terminal 3 has razors in the private shower stalls. You can buy condoms and gum in the public washrooms..but can you buy a razer? Anyone?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.