Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Refund/rebooking options showing for equipment swap

Refund/rebooking options showing for equipment swap

Old Sep 18, 23, 12:41 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Glasgow, UK
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 399
Refund/rebooking options showing for equipment swap

Iím booked on BA296 ORD-LHR on Thursday 21st. Seems like thereís been an equipment change from A380 to a 77W which has resulted in a seat change.

The BA app is showing the rebooking/refund options button you would expect in the event of a cancellation. Clicking that offers no options, but the sector is highlighted in red. A message about change of seat displays. The ticket number is still showing in the app.

Is all well with the booking and just typical BA IT quirks? Or worth a call? Never seen this before for just an equipment/seat change and not sure if the rebooking/refund option will inhibit OLCI?
GM1985 is offline  
Old Sep 18, 23, 12:51 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2,566
Originally Posted by GM1985
Iím booked on BA296 ORD-LHR on Thursday 21st. Seems like thereís been an equipment change from A380 to a 77W which has resulted in a seat change.

The BA app is showing the rebooking/refund options button you would expect in the event of a cancellation. Clicking that offers no options, but the sector is highlighted in red. A message about change of seat displays. The ticket number is still showing in the app.

Is all well with the booking and just typical BA IT quirks? Or worth a call? Never seen this before for just an equipment/seat change and not sure if the rebooking/refund option will inhibit OLCI?
Usually if theres a seat change the flight will highlight in red , however for equipment changes you wouldnt normally be offered a change of flight. The only exception is if it involved a cabin closure, say no First cabin for example.
Anonba is offline  
Old Sep 18, 23, 12:58 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Glasgow, UK
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 399
Originally Posted by Anonba
Usually if theres a seat change the flight will highlight in red , however for equipment changes you wouldnt normally be offered a change of flight. The only exception is if it involved a cabin closure, say no First cabin for example.
Thank you. In this case, Iím flying WT+ and Iíve been reseated in the same cabin. I was just surprised to see the refund/rebooking option even come up (though selecting that doesnít show any options for refund or rerouting). The new seat assignment shows as confirmed. Is that sufficient to be confident the booking is still in tact or worth calling BA?
Anonba likes this.
GM1985 is offline  
Old Sep 18, 23, 2:15 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Posts: 500
was just replying when anonba replied

a tad confused about your question ó your profile says BA Silver?


Originally Posted by GM1985
Thank you. In this case, Iím flying WT+ and Iíve been reseated in the same cabin. I was just surprised to see the refund/rebooking option even come up (though selecting that doesnít show any options for refund or rerouting). The new seat assignment shows as confirmed. Is that sufficient to be confident the booking is still in tact or worth calling BA?
Telecasterman is offline  
Old Sep 18, 23, 2:24 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Glasgow, UK
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 399
Originally Posted by Telecasterman
was just replying when anonba replied

a tad confused about your question ó your profile says BA Silver?
yes thatís correct
GM1985 is offline  
Old Sep 19, 23, 4:59 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Posts: 4
Thanks for helping me too with this post.
annajames12 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.