Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Fairly urgent - Ba410 LHR to IBZ cancelled 27.08

Fairly urgent - Ba410 LHR to IBZ cancelled 27.08

Old Aug 29, 2023, 4:10 am

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by Joshm300
For those interested, thanks to the efforts of the team in the Concorde room yesterday (the kind man in the first wing gave us access, after our trip over from LCY), we ended up on the last flight to Barcelona, stayed 5 hours in an airport hotel and are now sat on the 8am Vueling flight to IBZ. So, hopefully well be at the hotel by the time wed have been finishing breakfast, and we still get five full evenings there. We were very close to calling it, and had agreed we wouldnt go to the airport for the third time if it had carried over to today and involved missing another day in sun/evening on holiday.
Please report back and tell us how the trip went. It's better than Netflix this saga
Joshm300 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 4:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JessicaB
Please report back and tell us how the trip went. It's better than Netflix this saga

Hopefully no more updates, amazingly the hotel were still expecting us and BA holidays had managed to get us booked until Sunday. Ive left Lily catching up on sleep on a lounger and slipped off for a little morning beer to take the edge off things.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 5:05 am

Hopefully no more updates, amazingly the hotel were still expecting us and BA holidays had managed to get us booked until Sunday. Ive left Lily catching up on sleep on a lounger and slipped off for a little morning beer to take the edge off things.
Looks good. Where are you in IBZ? I spend most of my time around Santa Eulalia and the Santa Gertrudis areas.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 6:30 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
consommer avec modration, but a good reminder of what this is all about - not Swanwick or baggage or First lounge detritus.
Joshm300 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
consommer avec modration, but a good reminder of what this is all about - not Swanwick or baggage or First lounge detritus.
Totally agree, weve all been messed around with work trips etc. in the past, but when its that moment youve been looking forward to for weeks/months/all year and its potentially taken from you, its all a bit different. Luckily most of us go on holiday more than the average person and are in a far better position to deal with disruption than others, thanks to our knowledge and better access to BA. A lot of people I saw in Heathrow this weekend were distraught, with no idea where to turn, and it will take some persuading to fly BA again I would say.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 5:51 am
Original Poster

Another positive update - we woke this morning to find an email from BA confirming that our original flight from Sunday is eligible for compensation, confirming theyre paying 220 each and for our transport home from Heathrow. I was quite suprised by this, bearing in mind they had the perfect excuse to cancel with the weather in the Balearic region at the weekend.

I obviously put this claim before everything kicked off on Monday and before knowing I would incur another 250 ish of cost on Monday night in Barcelona, which is probably why it came back so quickly. So Im not sure if I should risk confusing/delaying my current claim and adding more receipts or starting a new one?
AJA_ likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 7:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
For Right to Care from the ATC failure, I would raise a brand new claim, but by all means in the text box mention that you have received EC261 compensation from the first sets of cancellations. I think BA were correct to pay you since at least one of the cancellations was due to a lack of crew, and BA have cancelled IBZ services where there was capacity on IB (at that point in time). Then things, well, changed.
Joshm300 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.