Missed flight - whatís the procedure

Old Jul 31, 2023, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold elite, *A Silver, Accor Silver
Missed flight - whatís the procedure

Iíve tried searching for the answer to this, but currently sat in the ABZ lounge and Iím struggling to find the answer.

BA1315 is delayed which will result in me missing my connecting flight to Doha QR0016.

I know thereís a transfer desk in T5( beside the international transfers iirc) but will they let me through to T4 it if Iím not able to make the connection?

is there a transfer desk beside the T5 domestic transfer?

Last time I went through T4 there didnít seem to be anyone at the transfer desks.

any suggestions?
Old Jul 31, 2023, 12:24 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by onlynik
I’ve tried searching for the answer to this, but currently sat in the ABZ lounge and I’m struggling to find the answer.

BA1315 is delayed which will result in me missing my connecting flight to Doha QR0016.

I know there’s a transfer desk in T5( beside the international transfers iirc) but will they let me through to T4 it if I’m not able to make the connection?

is there a transfer desk beside the T5 domestic transfer?

Last time I went through T4 there didn’t seem to be anyone at the transfer desks.

any suggestions?
You may find you're automatically rebooked, so keep refreshing the app. Saves lots of discussion at the desk. Plus usual rules apply, see what flight(s) you'd like to be put on to proactively suggest to the agent if you see one, select a hotel in case it's tomorrow up to the value of £200 and be ready to book that when the details of the ongoing flight are known.

I think there's a transit route for domestics at T5, and you should be able to sort things out at the desks there before transferring to T4. If your flight ends up being tomorrow I don't think you can airside transfer.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Do have a quick read of CWS’ excellent thread here too Disruption Assistance thread - signposts and what you need to know
onlynik and becks1 like this.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

My ticket is a QR issued 157- ticket if it makes a difference - refreshing both BA and QR apps just shows the current flights.

can the gold line help? Rather than being in a queue at T5
Old Jul 31, 2023, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Do have a quick read of CWSí excellent thread here too Disruption Assistance thread - signposts and what you need to know

Thanks. This is very helpful.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 12:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
You sure you'll miss it ? ... Looks like BA1315 is only 45 mins late .. so with a bit of luck maybe only half an hour late into Heathrow which would still give you well over an hour , nearly 90 mins with a bit of luck ... It's the last flight of the night to Doha so you may as well give it a shot and not give up hope yet ? I'd say you've got a reasonable chance ?
onlynik likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 12:36 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Because it's a QR ticket on to a QR flight my view is that it's best to go to T4. Not least because at the moment you have a chance of making the 21:55, just about, though it would require the HAL bus service to T4 to be fairly prompt. As things stand you have some chance to get to T5 for 20:30 hrs. The BA app won't do a robotic on a QR ticket, so it's over the QR's processes really. You would be allowed on the bus, there's no boarding pass check there.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Because it's a QR ticket on to a QR flight my view is that it's best to go to T4. Not least because at the moment you have a chance of making the 21:55, just about, though it would require the HAL bus service to T4 to be fairly prompt. As things stand you have some chance to get to T5 for 20:30 hrs. The BA app won't do a robotic on a QR ticket, so it's over the QR's processes really. You would be allowed on the bus, there's no boarding pass check there.
Thanks, Iím normally first off the plane run down to the bus - but I donít have the number to call - or do I take the bus to 2/3 and get a connection from there. Iíll be running.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 12:49 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thanks, Iím normally first off the plane run down to the bus - but I donít have the number to call - or do I take the bus to 2/3 and get a connection from there. Iíll be running.

Thanks for the suggestions.
I think the direct buses T5 to T4 are back, but hopefully there will be a HAL person there who can advise.
onlynik likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
You sure you'll miss it ? ... Looks like BA1315 is only 45 mins late .. so with a bit of luck maybe only half an hour late into Heathrow which would still give you well over an hour , nearly 90 mins with a bit of luck ... It's the last flight of the night to Doha so you may as well give it a shot and not give up hope yet ? I'd say you've got a reasonable chance ?
I admire your optimism. Being from Aberdeen Iím generally negative about everything. 😂
Old Jul 31, 2023, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
I admire your optimism. Being from Aberdeen Iím generally negative about everything. 😂
Let us know how you get on ! .. If they can turn it around fast in Aberdeen and Heathrow is cooperating ATC wise you needn't abandon all hope yet I'd say ! ( it's a nice evening down here now , though a little breezy)
onlynik and Eyefly123 like this.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 1:08 pm

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Is it all on a QR protected ticket? I.e QR flight numbers throughout? BA gold line wonít be able to help.

as many wiser than me have said best get over to QR T4 asap

My ticket is a QR issued 157- ticket if it makes a difference - refreshing both BA and QR apps just shows the current flights.

can the gold line help? Rather than being in a queue at T5
Old Jul 31, 2023, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Telecasterman
Is it all on a QR protected ticket? I.e QR flight numbers throughout? BA gold line wonít be able to help.

as many wiser than me have said best get over to QR T4 asap
Only the QR flights are QR flight numbers. The BA flight is listed in my itinerary as a BA flight number rather than a QR flight number. However itís a single ticket 157-
Old Jul 31, 2023, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
Let us know how you get on ! .. If they can turn it around fast in Aberdeen and Heathrow is cooperating ATC wise you needn't abandon all hope yet I'd say ! ( it's a nice evening down here now , though a little breezy)
Very wet in ABZ.

Current status - flight still boarding.

boarded. Doors closed. So waiting to taxi

will update once Iím in Heathrow.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Only the QR flights are QR flight numbers. The BA flight is listed in my itinerary as a BA flight number rather than a QR flight number. However itís a single ticket 157-
yeah 157 throughout - Qatar need to look after you. Try not to stress - hopefully all will be good

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.