Crew raiding the drinks trolley [?]

Old Jul 27, 23, 8:33 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 527
Crew raiding the drinks trolley [?]

I have come across an Instagram post where it appears members of cabin crew but drinking what appears to be the BA Brewdog in a foreign country. So this would mean the staff have raided the drinks trolley. Is this actauall aloowed or should I screenshot it and report it back to BA or would I be wasting my time?
flybymonkey is offline  
Old Jul 27, 23, 8:36 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 107
What is your desired outcome here? Clarification of the rules / someone loses their job / validation that it is a real photo of real staff?
Phlyer2 is offline  
Old Jul 27, 23, 8:37 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BKK
Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Posts: 3,222
Christ, you see something on social media which has nothing to do with you at all, and you want to jump to conclusions?! I am lost for words.
SKT-DK is offline  
Old Jul 27, 23, 8:38 am
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Posts: 18,654
There is a crew purchase scheme which allows crew to do this, anyway what business is it of yours?
Can I help you is offline  
Old Jul 27, 23, 8:40 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: GLA
Programs: BAEC Silver, Global Entry
Posts: 317
Originally Posted by flybymonkey
I have come across an Instagram post where it appears members of cabin crew but drinking what appears to be the BA Brewdog in a foreign country. So this would mean the staff have raided the drinks trolley. Is this actauall aloowed or should I screenshot it and report it back to BA or would I be wasting my time?
Have a day off, and don't believe everything on Social Media
Thrifty Scotsman is offline  
Old Jul 27, 23, 8:40 am
  #6  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 62,129
Crew are allowed to buy alcoholic drinks from the onboard galleys. These purchases are charged against salary. There have been other threads on this over the years, however since it's primarily an internal issue relating to terms and conditions of employment, it's not really something for public visibility or transparency. This can lead to the wrong impression, by those fast to judgement, that something bad has happened.
corporate-wage-slave is online now  
Old Jul 27, 23, 8:43 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: UK
Programs: BA Executive Club - Gold
Posts: 249
Why on earth would you even think this is appropriate....

It has nothing to do with you, leave well alone.
cbyrne92 is offline  
Old Jul 27, 23, 8:45 am
  #8  
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: TPA/ABZ
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Posts: 12,843
This is another example of a post where it's just not clear whether the OP is being serious or just having some fun on a Thursday afternoon in July. I'm going to give the OP the benefit of the doubt and I'll assume they forgot to insert the necessary emoji.
RJD1983, D1L, flybymonkey and 1 others like this.
golfmad is offline  
Old Jul 27, 23, 8:47 am
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 527
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Crew are allowed to buy alcoholic drinks from the onboard galleys. These purchases are charged against salary. There have been other threads on this over the years, however since it's primarily an internal issue relating to terms and conditions of employment, it's not really something for public visibility or transparency. This can lead to the wrong impression, by those fast to judgement, that something bad has happened.
Originally Posted by golfmad
This is another example of a post where it's just not clear whether the OP is being serious or just having some fun on a Thursday afternoon in July. I'm going to give the OP the benefit of the doubt and I'll assume they forgot to insert the necessary emoji.
Thank you both, I didnt know that, but the fact it was being made public made me curious thats all.

Mods best close/delete thread if needed.
flybymonkey is offline  
Old Jul 27, 23, 9:21 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: London
Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Posts: 2,102
The post in question was done by my former GF.

Rest assured, she's not the type who steals from BA.
Geordie405 likes this.
Duck1981 is offline  
Old Jul 27, 23, 9:25 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 1,122
was it clear this was BA crew....or is the real story that Virgin Atlantic are taking the competition to whole new low by stealing the bar cart? ;-)
cliffy97 likes this.
ratypus is offline  
Old Jul 27, 23, 9:32 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,136
Originally Posted by flybymonkey
Is this actauall aloowed...
*actually allowed.

Before you come to a conclusion, I'd strongly suggest avoiding using "raiding" as it implies stealing. There are legal ramifications of throwing around accusations without merit which might lead to someone losing their job.
flight125 likes this.
chriswiles is offline  
Old Jul 27, 23, 9:39 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Posts: 5,833
Originally Posted by flybymonkey
I have come across an Instagram post where it appears members of cabin crew but drinking what appears to be the BA Brewdog in a foreign country. So this would mean the staff have raided the drinks trolley. Is this actauall aloowed or should I screenshot it and report it back to BA or would I be wasting my time?

A you have seen a picture of crew drinking Brewog in Sandiego this week. Shock horror... So shall we change your wording from raided to purchased?
CT-UK is offline  
Old Jul 27, 23, 9:47 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Glasgow, UK
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 493
Even supposing its not allowed (staff posters have confirmed there is an employee purchase scheme), what is to be gain by dobbing them in?
flygirl68, mikeyfly and flight125 like this.
GM1985 is offline  
Old Jul 27, 23, 10:02 am
  #15  
Community Director
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Norwich, UK
Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Posts: 8,286
Originally Posted by CT-UK
A you have seen a picture of crew drinking Brewog in Sandiego this week. Shock horror... So shall we change your wording from raided to purchased?
If it was San Diego, I'd be more disappointed they chose to purchase Brewdog cans when there's so much craft beer to choose from .
NWIFlyer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.