Crew raiding the drinks trolley [?]

Old Jul 27, 23, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Crew raiding the drinks trolley [?]

I have come across an Instagram post where it appears members of cabin crew but drinking what appears to be the BA Brewdog in a foreign country. So this would mean the staff have raided the drinks trolley. Is this actauall aloowed or should I screenshot it and report it back to BA or would I be wasting my time?
Old Jul 27, 23, 8:36 am

What is your desired outcome here? Clarification of the rules / someone loses their job / validation that it is a real photo of real staff?
Old Jul 27, 23, 8:37 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Christ, you see something on social media which has nothing to do with you at all, and you want to jump to conclusions?! I am lost for words.
Old Jul 27, 23, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
There is a crew purchase scheme which allows crew to do this, anyway what business is it of yours?
Old Jul 27, 23, 8:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by flybymonkey
I have come across an Instagram post where it appears members of cabin crew but drinking what appears to be the BA Brewdog in a foreign country. So this would mean the staff have raided the drinks trolley. Is this actauall aloowed or should I screenshot it and report it back to BA or would I be wasting my time?
Have a day off, and don't believe everything on Social Media
Old Jul 27, 23, 8:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Crew are allowed to buy alcoholic drinks from the onboard galleys. These purchases are charged against salary. There have been other threads on this over the years, however since it's primarily an internal issue relating to terms and conditions of employment, it's not really something for public visibility or transparency. This can lead to the wrong impression, by those fast to judgement, that something bad has happened.
Old Jul 27, 23, 8:43 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Gold
Why on earth would you even think this is appropriate....

It has nothing to do with you, leave well alone.
Old Jul 27, 23, 8:45 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
This is another example of a post where it's just not clear whether the OP is being serious or just having some fun on a Thursday afternoon in July. I'm going to give the OP the benefit of the doubt and I'll assume they forgot to insert the necessary emoji.
RJD1983, D1L, flybymonkey and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 27, 23, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Crew are allowed to buy alcoholic drinks from the onboard galleys. These purchases are charged against salary. There have been other threads on this over the years, however since it's primarily an internal issue relating to terms and conditions of employment, it's not really something for public visibility or transparency. This can lead to the wrong impression, by those fast to judgement, that something bad has happened.
Originally Posted by golfmad
This is another example of a post where it's just not clear whether the OP is being serious or just having some fun on a Thursday afternoon in July. I'm going to give the OP the benefit of the doubt and I'll assume they forgot to insert the necessary emoji.
Thank you both, I didnt know that, but the fact it was being made public made me curious thats all.

Mods best close/delete thread if needed.
Old Jul 27, 23, 9:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
The post in question was done by my former GF.

Rest assured, she's not the type who steals from BA.
Geordie405 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 23, 9:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
was it clear this was BA crew....or is the real story that Virgin Atlantic are taking the competition to whole new low by stealing the bar cart? ;-)
cliffy97 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 23, 9:32 am

Is this actauall aloowed...
*actually allowed.

Before you come to a conclusion, I'd strongly suggest avoiding using "raiding" as it implies stealing. There are legal ramifications of throwing around accusations without merit which might lead to someone losing their job.
flight125 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 23, 9:39 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.

A you have seen a picture of crew drinking Brewog in Sandiego this week. Shock horror... So shall we change your wording from raided to purchased?
Old Jul 27, 23, 9:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
Even supposing its not allowed (staff posters have confirmed there is an employee purchase scheme), what is to be gain by dobbing them in?
flygirl68, mikeyfly and flight125 like this.
Old Jul 27, 23, 10:02 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by CT-UK
A you have seen a picture of crew drinking Brewog in Sandiego this week. Shock horror... So shall we change your wording from raided to purchased?
If it was San Diego, I'd be more disappointed they chose to purchase Brewdog cans when there's so much craft beer to choose from .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.