DEN BA check-in/security at DEN

Old Jul 22, 2023, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator
DEN BA check-in/security at DEN

Does anybody know when BA check-in at Denver International Airport opens? Flying on BA218 from there to LHR on next Monday (24 July, 7:35pm) and Im a little concerned because of security wait times. I arrived at DEN on Monday (17 July) at around 3pm with AA and I noticed security lines were insane.

Any tips for navigating through security at DEN as fast as possible (I have TSApre)?
Old Jul 22, 2023, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by Flip42
Does anybody know when BA check-in at Denver International Airport opens? Flying on BA218 from there to LHR on next Monday (24 July, 7:35pm) and Im a little concerned because of security wait times. I arrived at DEN on Monday (17 July) at around 3pm with AA and I noticed security lines were insane.

Any tips for navigating through security at DEN as fast as possible (I have TSApre)?
You'll be fine. Projected wait times for DEN at that time are 10-15 minutes. If you're really concerned, you can reserve a time to go through security in advance.
Flip42 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2023, 10:18 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
With PreCheck you shouldn't have anything to worry about, and even those snaking lines do move fairly quickly. See the airport's website for information on the options.

You can assume 2.5 hours at somewhere like DEN but it should be in MMB, including via the MMB link in the App, under the flight line, check-in -> other ways to check-in.
Flip42 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2023, 10:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Flip42

From your post I deduct a presumption that you shall arrive at the airport, holding PreCheck status, some 4:35h prior to departure. The nature of your post sounds rather dramatic to me?
Old Jul 22, 2023, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Thank you. Unfortunately I have a bag to check (I know, rookie mistake, but I did a little shopping here). So if I don‘t know when I should be finished with check-in then it‘s difficult to reserve a security slot.

I will check in MMB however but I seems it only shows this at 24 hours before.
Old Jul 22, 2023, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by destone
From your post I deduct a presumption that you shall arrive at the airport, holding PreCheck status, some 4:35h prior to departure. The nature of your post sounds rather dramatic to me?
Not sure if you saw the lines last Monday afternoon. They were quite long, around the baggage retrieval and anything but fast moving.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 12:44 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
The BA desks normally open just before 3 hours prior to departure. Right by the BA desks you can follow the signs to "Bridge" security which tends to be quicker in my experience.
Flip42, ryanbriar and britbronco22 like this.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 1:25 am

Programs: BA Gold
They opened 3 hours before flight in June. I was quite early, avoiding an extra day’s car hire charges, and watched the security lines for a bit from the level above. Whilst it looked horrendous it really wasn’t too bad with TSA-Pre, probably 5-10 minutes.

I have to confess a slight irritation at the Clear lane moving faster than the TSA-Pre, thought I’d been sold a dud. Not wanting to find myself the subject of post in the DYKWIA thread I took a breath and internally ridiculed myself. Very nice Amex lounge at Denver if you have access.
Flip42 and Keystone like this.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Simonp27
The BA desks normally open just before 3 hours prior to departure. Right by the BA desks you can follow the signs to "Bridge" security which tends to be quicker in my experience.
A benefit of using an actual desk in DEN is that the lovely staff there do tend to proactively offer directions to the bridge security point with its shorter queues.
Flip42, Keystone and britbronco22 like this.
Old Jul 24, 2023, 3:20 am

Programs: British Airways
I was there on 10 Jul for BA flight to LHR and the Amex Centurion lounge was packed.
However, the Admirals Club lounge was almost empty!
Flip42 likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2023, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Just to follow this up:

BA check-in opened around 4 hours before the scheduled departure. Security lines were significantly shorter today than last Monday (maybe a third to a forth). TSApre still took nearly 20 minutes, the longest I ever experienced. (I may be spoiled a little)

Centurion Loungewas quite full, but still managed to get a table for two, a little bit later this would have been very difficult. Admirals Club quite quiet.
TGC, sadiqhassan and dougzz like this.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 12:50 am

Programs: BA GGL
Like the OP I observed extremely long lines when I arrived at DEN about 3.45pm on 18th July which made me feel a bit anxious about my return.
Returned on BA218 on 26th July and no long lines in evidence. Check in was in full swing at about 4.45pm and dealt expeditiously with my irregularly shaped item as well as bag. Through TSA Pre in about 5 minutes (once I got there).
Once I found the Admirals Club it was about half full. The entrance was cunningly concealed behind some building work screens.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 6:15 am

Does anyone know if Club World passengers get fast track security access at DEN?
Old Jul 28, 2023, 1:23 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Marca
Does anyone know if Club World passengers get fast track security access at DEN?
Yes, it's called Priority, and the BA staff can give you advice how to find that if the crowds are getting in the way. It may look bad at peak times, but DEN has this central funnel arrangement which not many other airports have, and the queue looks bad as a result, when in reality before and after the funnel it moves fairly quickly. If there was the more traditional side security entrance it wouldn't necessarily be much quicker.
Marca likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, it's called Priority, and the BA staff can give you advice how to find that if the crowds are getting in the way. It may look bad at peak times, but DEN has this central funnel arrangement which not many other airports have, and the queue looks bad as a result, when in reality before and after the funnel it moves fairly quickly. If there was the more traditional side security entrance it wouldn't necessarily be much quicker.
Thank you, it's good to know!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.