BA A380 from T5 or AA from T3

Old Jul 23, 2023, 1:18 pm

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
A related question on the BA A-380 -- if flying CW, any reason to pick one deck over the other? I guess with the Upper Deck, in the front section, the windows have a view of the ground (not blocked by the wing)?
From memory I preferred upper deck as it is 2-3-2 and has good size window bins. The front upper WC is huge and much easier for changing. Some may say you disembark quicker from the lower deck but for a long flight I prefer the in flight benefits.

Its been a few years since I flew the 380 so someone can correct me if I am wrong.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by DaveNCL
From memory I preferred upper deck as it is 2-3-2 and has good size window bins. The front upper WC is huge and much easier for changing. Some may say you disembark quicker from the lower deck but for a long flight I prefer the in flight benefits.

Its been a few years since I flew the 380 so someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Hi,

No, you are correct

The 2 upper deck front toilets are large.

I just flew the 787-9 CW to DXB and back and did miss the additional storage space provided by the A380 CW side bins

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 23, 2023, 1:53 pm

53 A/K and 59 A/K are the direct aisle window seats. Having done both would say I prefer 53 K.

On an ORD flight in 2018 I was first off the UD and first to passport control from 53 K.

Toilets are an excellent size as has been mentioned.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 3:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
If we're talking bathroom size, the forward right biz bathroom (behind 4J) on the AA777W is also quite large and good for changing if you have mobility issues.
wrp96 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.