BA T3 First Room

Old May 21, 2023, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
BA T3 First Room

Can't see this mentioned anywhere, delete if duplicate.

https://www.turningleftforless.com/n...-wifi-for-all/

Strange place to spend money given relatively low numbers of BA flights at T3 (at the moment).
Old May 21, 2023, 12:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I’m not going to comment on rumour, but there are also some changes coming to the BA Lounge at T5B that will be very welcomed by First passengers.
Markie, PETER01, orbitmic and 16 others like this.
Old May 21, 2023, 12:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Interesting, I wonder if the T3 lounge tours are costing BA too much money and they’ve decided to try and lure the tourists into their own lounge with some LPGS

As we all know, what will ACTUALLY happen is that the lounge tours will continue but will now be enhanced with a stop off in the new CCR for a few glasses of BA’s finest champers. It will make a lovely interlude between the Qantas Eggs Benedict and the Cathay!s dim sum lunch.
Old May 21, 2023, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Im not going to comment on rumour, but there are also some changes coming to the BA Lounge at T5B that will be very welcomed by First passengers.
Interesting. Im not sure where the space would be to take from the existing lounge if they are planning some sort of separate area. I guess it would have to be the panelled terrace bit to the left of the entrance (near the toilets) which is usually underused.
Old May 21, 2023, 12:46 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
The comment in the article that BA vision is to be a premium airline made me chuckle! Itll take a lot more than some over priced fizz and coranesq makeover to manage that!
Old May 21, 2023, 1:09 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Interesting. Im not sure where the space would be to take from the existing lounge if they are planning some sort of separate area. I guess it would have to be the panelled terrace bit to the left of the entrance (near the toilets) which is usually underused.
Theyve just added new furniture in that area. Seemed better used last time I passed through.
Old May 21, 2023, 1:37 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Against the grain, but my recent early morning visit to the T3 BA lounge was very quiet and pleasant, particularly after I had just left a very crowded CX F lounge, and then swung-by another very crowded AA Flagship lounge. If there is a separate CCR area to come then that could only be a positive.

Will be interesting to see if BA give access to GGL pax not in F for these potential new areas (T3 +/- T5B) or if they default to more of an IAD/DXB/BOS etc. CCDR type of access restriction.
Old May 21, 2023, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Both T3 lounges have had new furniture, lighting and carpet recently, although on my last visit I noticed that no changes (other than carpet) had been made to the former First Dining room - now we know why!

I do think the T3 CCR is more likely to be a step back to the days of First Dining in T3, rather than a full blown CCR offering, given space constraints.

The T5B lounge has also received new furniture recently, although no new carpet as of two weeks ago.
Old May 21, 2023, 2:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I'm still surprised that AA re-opened their first class lounge when they're effectively dropping the product.

Not sure if BA would actually merge lounges with them, sort of like JFK, or if they've seen how well that's turned out, and decided not to bother?
Plenty of room in either lounge for a CCR style lounge.

As for the T5 B-gates, considering so many A10 bus gates for F passengers, would this be of that much benefit?

Also, from another thread, people are going on about how the levels of golds / GGLs are dropping as extensions fall off. Why increase lounges / "premium" facilities if you've now got fewer numbers passing through?

Last edited by xenole; May 21, 2023 at 2:11 am
Old May 21, 2023, 2:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Im not going to comment on rumour, but there are also some changes coming to the BA Lounge at T5B that will be very welcomed by First passengers.
Roaming taser armed patrols to deal with feet on furniture and no headphone types?
Old May 21, 2023, 2:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Simonp27
Can't see this mentioned anywhere
Yes it has been mentioned in some larger CCR and GGL threads before and that's probably now been recycled into the blogs. Both the Concorde Team and BaxterStorey staff have mentioned plans / work going on in T3 and T5B since the beginning of the year, but with LHR changes it's probably best to wait until it' is close to completion (given what happened to the Cathay and Qantas lounge timetables a few years ago). There is new furniture in all of the lounges as far as I can tell though it's just a few items in CCR and more than a few in T5B (albeit presumably designed by someone quite short of stature, some seats and tables are rather low la QR).
Markie, becks1, Simonp27 and 1 others like this.
Old May 21, 2023, 2:41 am

I can imagine Cathy and Qantas are getting really annoyed that so many BA customers are filling up their T3 lounges on short hauls, because BA's own lounges at their home aiport are so woeful.

Sure, BA get billed for their ticketed customers. So maybe CX/QF should rachet up the billing cost, at least as much as the OW agreement allows until the bills get so big that BA finally bring their lounges up to the same standard.

But that's a big gap to bridge. The T5 CCR food is still a step below CX First.

And yes, a CCR sub-room at T5B would help (if that's what the plan is), given how hard it is to gauge when boarding actually starts.
robertf999 and becks1 like this.
Old May 21, 2023, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Actually, the space in T3 GF is not that small (especially given the limited number of flights/usage) even though it is quite an awkward design which may make it feel so.

If I were to make a wild guess and assuming that they wanted to keep things as simple as possible, I could imagine the current dining room with its nice windows and corner location becoming a CCR room and the restaurant area being limited to the part in front of the buffet and possibly extended by moving some of the lounging furniture elsewhere.

As always, the devil will be in the detail so look forward to finding out more in due time.

I'm always interested in the idea that so many people like lounge hoping at T3. Maybe it's because I fly too much and can use different of the lounges across visits but I never ever lounge hop when departing from it, except once when I couldn't find a decent seat in the lounge I had gone to so just left it to go to another without even staying in the former. I use lounges to relax before my flight, work, and eat, and quite frankly, from that point of view, if I have made myself comfortable in a lounge, have found a place I like and started eating or working, the idea of just leaving to move to another lounge where I might or might not find an equally pleasant place sounds about as attractive as calling hotel reception at 2am saying that I would like to change room. Whilst I'm no angel trying to save BA money, I'm also conscious that if I try 3 lounges, I make the airline pay three bills for my trip, and it's not something I feel I should cost them as it could be a little wasteful. Again, I appreciate that my own habits seem rarer than the lounge hopping pattern and I just want to be clear that there is absolutely no negative judgement towards people who do the latter on my part - as far as I'm concerned, as long as everyone finds a way to do things that they are happy with, that is good enough for me! But I thought, given some of the posts above, that personally, if I find the "new mini CCR" to be a good space, if I use it, that will be for the full time of my stay, and if it isn't good enough, I'll shun it entirely and stay in another existing lounge instead. Either way, I'm not personally going to schlep around from place to place to have a glass of Champagne in lounge A but a meal in lounge B and use the wifi in lounge C, etc.
Old May 21, 2023, 3:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
Would a CCR / Business combination at T5B be a first for BA? Without a Gold/First interim lounge? Where the poor-old golds aren't catered for specifically. Would it make more sense to have a setup similar to LGW - Gold / Business?
SxMan likes this.
Old May 21, 2023, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Actually, the space in T3 GF is not that small (especially given the limited number of flights/usage) even though it is quite an awkward design which may make it feel so.
I was talking about T5B
orbitmic likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.