Flights missing on AA.com

Old May 29, 2023, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
Flights missing on AA.com

I've got a booking coming up this week which is GVA - LHR - PHL - BUF / BUF - DCA / IAD - LHR / LHR - ARN. All one PNR.

At the moment, the AA PNR that is given by the BA website only shows two flights, which are: LHR - PHL (BA code, BA metal) and PHL - BUF (BA code, AA metal).

GVA - LHR missing is probably irrelevant and probably wouldn't get transferred over. However, BUF - DCA (AA code, AA metal) missing is somewhat concerning.

Is this something I need to phone up BA to sort out? I don't want to try fly home and find something has gone awry between the two booking systems.
Old May 29, 2023, 5:23 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
You're right, GVA-LHR being missing from the Sabre PNR is normal, as only one non-AA segment before/after the AA flights will show up.
Can you check if you maybe have a separate AA PNR for the BUF-DCA flight?
Old May 29, 2023, 5:26 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by c1223
Is this something I need to phone up BA to sort out?
There is nothing to sort out, but you do need to call BA to ask for the PNR for the AA coded flight. The BA*AA and the AA*AA flights are in different PNRs.
Old May 29, 2023, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Andriyko
There is nothing to sort out, but you do need to call BA to ask for the PNR for the AA coded flight. The BA*AA and the AA*AA flights are in different PNRs.
OK thanks. On the BA website it gives the same PNR for BA*AA as the AA*AA, so I assumed it would all be in there.
Old May 29, 2023, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by c1223
OK thanks. On the BA website it gives the same PNR for BA*AA as the AA*AA, so I assumed it would all be in there.
AA use a different booking platform therefore their airline reference will be different to BA's. If the flights are not connecting directly from a BA service then it's also entirely normal for them not to show.
Old May 29, 2023, 8:29 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Quite normal to have different 3 PNRs for BA operated, BA coded on AA, and AA prime codes within one itinerary. AA on twitter have been good at confirming PNRs in the past if phone lines are busy.
Old May 29, 2023, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
AA use a different booking platform therefore their airline reference will be different to BA's. If the flights are not connecting directly from a BA service then it's also entirely normal for them not to show.
I've got the different booking reference, but my second set of flights on AA don't show up, so I guess what Andriyko has said is correct - there's a different PNR when it's an AA operated flight with AA flight number vs AA operated flight with BA flight number. So my booking should have three PNRs as follows:

1 for BA GVA - LHR - PHL / IAD - LHR - ARN
1 for BA (but AA operated) PHL - BUF
1 for AA BUF - DCA

I've got the first two, but not the third.
Old May 29, 2023, 8:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Sometimes if you put your BA PNR in the qantas MMB and look at the seat selection section it may show your second AA PNR.
Old May 29, 2023, 9:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
Have you tried selecting your seat for BUF-DCA on ba.com? It should show the AA booking reference for that segment when it redirects you to aa.com.
Old May 29, 2023, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by London Dude
Have you tried selecting your seat for BUF-DCA on ba.com? It should show the AA booking reference for that segment when it redirects you to aa.com.
Yes - it gives me the same PNR as PHL - BUF which doesn't show the BUF - DCA flight.
London Dude likes this.
Old May 31, 2023, 11:35 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hi
I recently had to adjust an itinerary with BA Holidays.
Mixture of BA flights, BA codeshare on AA and AA flights.
All flights are correct in BA.com MMB under one PNR (lets call its PNR-BA).
There is a second PNR (lets called it PNR-AA1) provided on BA.com for AA.com, which on AA.com only shows 2 of the 4 AA metal flights and lets me select seats.
I contacted BA Holidays agent who provided me with a third PNR (PNR-AA2) for AA.com. This shows all the whole itinerary, including the 2 missing AA flights. It lets me select seats on those two flights, however doesn't let me change seats on the other AA flights. These are only editable under PNR-AA1.
I have inputted both PNR-AA1 and PNR-AA2 into the AA app. Both trips are now saved. PNR-AA2 shows all the segments. PNR-AA1 shows partial.
Is this going to be a problem when it actually comes to fly? I will be checking bags so need the flights to be connected appropriately. When I check in for the AA segments on the app do I use PNR-AA2 or PNR-AA1? Should I contact AA and see if they can be combined properly on their side?
Old May 31, 2023, 11:43 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by danmushman
Is this going to be a problem when it actually comes to fly?
In a word, no. It's perfectly normal to see multiple record locators when you have multi-carrier itineraries and especially so when there have been changes made to the booking.
danmushman likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.