Avios removed in error

Old May 27, 2023, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Angry Avios removed in error

I recently called BA to add my 3 month old granddaughter to a flight booking. The operator made an error and instead of charging 1650 Avios, they removed over 30,000 from my household account. I have rung BA three times about this and their call centre staff in India have attempted to correct things (which has to be done manually). Now, after over 3 hours on the telephone and an email sent to BA Loyalty, I am on a loop, with them emailing standard complaint links. The call centre staff told me they felt they have rectified the mistake but I am still missing Avios.
Can anyone advise how to get this sorted out please?
Old May 27, 2023, 11:55 am
Suspended

Welcome to FlyerTalk JackieDishman

I'm sure one of the forum ambassadors will be along shortly, but to get the ball rolling can you let us know what route this booking is on and in what class, and also whether it's a return or a single ? That might help shed some light onto what has actually happened.
Old May 27, 2023, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
If you PM MissingBAAvios on Flyertalk they should be able to help out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.