FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Concorde Room Access (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2122946-concorde-room-access.html)

Db12457 May 25, 2023 12:18 am

Concorde Room Access

Howdy,

I’m sorry if this question has been answered before. I’ve searched online and on these forums, and found related posts, but none that answer my specific question.

i’m flying BA F ORD-LHR with a 12 hour layover, then Etihad F LHR-AUH out of terminal 4. My route is ticketed together all on the same booking.

Will I be allowed access to the T5 Concord room when I land in LHR? I know I’d get access to the arrivals Breakfast lounge, but I’d specifically like to know about the full CCR access.

Also, if I leave the airport for a few hours, then pass back through T5 security later in the day, would I be granted access to the CCR then as well, even though my connection is EY F out of terminal 4?

Again, I apologize if this has been answered before. Through my research, I’ve read conflicting information. I’m very excited to check out the CCR, and hoping my itinerary allows for that.

thank you!

orbitmic May 25, 2023 12:19 am

Welcome to Flyertalk and the BA forum! Apologies, one can't see posters' counts on the phone so I didn't realise you were a new joiner right away!

You won’t have access to either t5 departures or the ccr unfortunately.

im surprised you found conflicting information on this in your search as it’s a very straightforward case: there is no access to t5 departures with a bp for departure from another terminal. As you say, arrivals lounge is of course fine.

Db12457 May 25, 2023 12:23 am

Is this because in order to access the CCR, you must be departing out of terminal 5?

If so, that means that the Concorde breakfast room is the best I can expect in the arrivals area? (Given that my BA F flight lands at 6:30am.)

Db12457 May 25, 2023 12:25 am

I see. I had read that arriving BA F passengers could access CCR as long as they had a same-day connecting flight.

The _Banking_Scot May 25, 2023 12:30 am

Originally Posted by Db12457 (Post 35276838)
I see. I had read that arriving BA F passengers could access CCR as long as they had a same-day connecting flight.

Hi

yes they do but it has to be a British Airways flight from T5 ( a Ba flight from t3 would not give ccr access

You will have arrival lounge access as you arrive in BA F
Regards

Tbs

orbitmic May 25, 2023 12:42 am

Originally Posted by Db12457 (Post 35276833)
Is this because in order to access the CCR, you must be departing out of terminal 5?

If so, that means that the Concorde breakfast room is the best I can expect in the arrivals area? (Given that my BA F flight lands at 6:30am.)

Yes that's correct. More generally, you can only enter T5 with a boarding pass for a flight from T5 (regardless of whether you want to use the CCR or not). I'm guessing you might be US based where typically you can come into any terrminal even if not flying from it and notably to enter a lounge, but that is not the norm in Europe. There is an exception when transiting and wanting to go to LHR T3 without a T3 departure, but T5 does not benefit from the same exemption.

So indeed, your best lounge based on your BA flight will be the Arrivals lounge including the Concorde breakfast room which I personally like. Obviously, depending on your travel specifics on EY you might be eligible to use their own lounge in T4 (I have never used it so no idea if it is good).

Having said that, if it were me, with a 12 hours layover, I'd just skip lounges entirely and either go to enjoy the day in London, or if your focus is more on rest get a day room in one of the LHR hotels that offer them (just do a search for threads on that) as I personally think that either would make for a better use of your long layover! As you say that this is booked as a single itinerary, your luggage (if you have any) should be checked through so you won't have to worry about that.

Genius1 May 25, 2023 12:51 am

You can use the EY lounge in T4, which is pretty decent as lounges go, albeit a bit dated and short on natural light.

UKTraveller4Fun May 25, 2023 2:31 am

To hijack this thread with a related question. If you arrive on F flight and have a domestic flight in Economy later in the day on a separate ticket can you use the First Wing and CCR?

DYKWIA May 25, 2023 2:44 am

Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun (Post 35276974)
To hijack this thread with a related question. If you arrive on F flight and have a domestic flight in Economy later in the day on a separate ticket can you use the First Wing and CCR?

Yes - that's no issue. Just make sure you have the F boarding pass available.

mikeyfly May 25, 2023 2:53 am

You could buy the cheapest fare to anywhere one way departing T5 and then access using this boarding pass and go into the CCR with your long haul boarding pass.

Alternatively for 12 hours, I'd leave your luggage and head out somewhere nice. 12 hours is about 10 hours more than you might want to spend there.

stewaran May 25, 2023 8:19 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 35277000)
Alternatively for 12 hours, I'd leave your luggage and head out somewhere nice. 12 hours is about 10 hours more than you might want to spend there.

Absolutely this - Assuming a morning arrival you have a whole day, and there is no lounge that i have experienced that is worth it. London is very easy to access via train and tube.
If you want any tips of what to do or where to go feel free to send a DM