Wiki Posts
Search

CDG

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2023, 7:32 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Question CDG

Can anybody explain the current situation to me at CDG?

-The original booking confirmation says terminal 2B
-MMB now says 2D
-CDG website says check-in is in 2D but gives a gate number of one in 2B
-Oneworld states the lounge is in 2B
-And, a few sources have said 2B is closed for refurb!

Help! Which one do I land in? which one do I check-in in? and which one is the lounge and gate?

Not done CDG for years so with now being non-European I'm not sure how moving between the terminals works. if at all. Thanks
Old May 5, 2023, 7:42 am

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
Is it 2B or not 2B ?

No, it is 2D, not 2B.
LCSinTexas, golfmad, SxMan and 8 others like this.
Old May 5, 2023, 7:50 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, EY Plat, etc
I weekly commute to CDG. They are not separate terminals any more. Think of them as B Gates and D Gates inside the same building. They share a common security screen and a common immigration zone. Both have small Schengen zones that sub divide the Gates. The BA checkin desks are on the 'D' side of the security area but used to be on the 'B' side of the security area. It makes no difference. Equally no difference which gate you arrive at because they all feed the same immigration area.

You can relax
Old May 5, 2023, 7:52 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thank you very much Robespierre
Old May 5, 2023, 8:54 am

The Schengen boundary cuts off Gates B20 to 28(?). This is where BA and easyJet board from.

The Lounge is in the common part of the building after security and the duty free shop. Once you go through passport control into the non-Schengen Gates used by BA/EZY then you have a Pret a Manger, newsagent and souvenir shop, so dont rush to go through the passport control into this zone if you have a lot of time on your hands. On the plus side there is loads of seating there as not too many non-Schengen departures.
Old May 5, 2023, 10:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
I think it goes up to B31 - at least that's where we boarded from yesterday and i recall that being the right-hand-most gate.
Old May 5, 2023, 10:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by Robespierre
The Schengen boundary cuts off Gates B20 to 28(?). This is where BA and easyJet board from.

The Lounge is in the common part of the building after security and the duty free shop. Once you go through passport control into the non-Schengen Gates used by BA/EZY then you have a Pret a Manger, newsagent and souvenir shop, so dont rush to go through the passport control into this zone if you have a lot of time on your hands. On the plus side there is loads of seating there as not too many non-Schengen departures.
And just to add to your excellent info so far Robespierre, in case it helps anyone else, the Schengen-exit passport control has eGates you can use so very little wait and no point in going too early, and there are plenty of charging points (most of which work) in the gate seating areas.

I also stuck a few photos of the lounge (Extime, Schengen-side) in this post.
Mekko and LCSinTexas like this.
Old May 5, 2023, 11:31 am

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
In the new BA setup do transit passengers arriving from UK no longer have to do security? If that is correct then for a BtoB do they stay by the gate? or get sent through passports twice?
Old May 5, 2023, 12:45 pm

I wouldn't attempt a back to back at CDG. In the old terminal (2AC) you filtered into the security area and then back upstairs to the gates but I have not tried this at 2BD but you need to remember that 2AC was set up for non Schengen whereas 2BD is optimised for Schengen zone. I suspect you will have to clear immigration, security and passport control again.
Old May 5, 2023, 3:57 pm

Sorry - slightly confused - is the lounge before or after passport control?
Old May 5, 2023, 4:19 pm

Programs: AC E50K (MM) FB (Platinum)
Originally Posted by PAL62V
Sorry - slightly confused - is the lounge before or after passport control?
After security and before passports.
PAL62V likes this.
Old May 6, 2023, 2:37 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
One further point is that zone 2D check in opens 2 hours before the BA flight - so unless you are HBO you will have to wait if you arrive earlier. The new security is better as are the e-gates for us and uk passport holders. Extime lounge, is not bad either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.