Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Are the LHR lounges finally getting quieter?

Old May 3, 2023, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite

I know it’s hard to estimate without firm stats but I do feel that my last few walkthroughs of GF and visits to the CCR have seen considerably fewer people. I am assuming that there has been a significant drop off of GCHs and GGLs at the end of March and now at the end of April.

Has anyone else noticed the same?
crazy8534 likes this.
Old May 3, 2023, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I haven’t noticed as I was last there over Easter and not back for two weeks, but I reckon numbers of Gold will be dropping quite quickly. I imagine the Silver lounges will get busier for sure !
crazy8534 and Chris_G like this.
Old May 3, 2023, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA Amex Prem, BA Amex Business, Amex Platinum, Coutts Silk, Hilton Diamond etc.
Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
I know it’s hard to estimate without firm stats but I do feel that my last few walkthroughs of GF and visits to the CCR have seen considerably fewer people. I am assuming that there has been a significant drop off of GCHs and GGLs at the end of March and now at the end of April.

Yes, I posted a couple of times already in other threads about the CCR.
BA will obviously have the data to see themselves but I am definitely getting the feeling the place is quieter.
Anecdote, not data yet, I realise.
I think they have picked up frequency on some transfer flights as well? I think that has an effect.
HFHFFlyer likes this.
Old May 3, 2023, 3:49 pm

quieter lounges?! who would have thought. Just wait for the summer ‘zoos’ with 4 kids for the price of 3 and inappropriate shorts and bare feet on tables.
Long live quiet (less busy) CCR!
Maybe some plans post summer rush to think about refurb?
stifle and SxMan like this.
Old May 3, 2023, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by gw76
quieter lounges?! who would have thought. Just wait for the summer ‘zoos’ with 4 kids for the price of 3 and inappropriate shorts and bare feet on tables.
Long live quiet (less busy) CCR!
Maybe some plans post summer rush to think about refurb?
Shorts are fine. Really don’t see the problem with them. But feet - shoes, socks or bare - on tables is rude and very unhygienic.
Old May 3, 2023, 4:31 pm

It was quite busy in GF today in the afternoon but maybe that's because of bank holiday + people trying to fly out before the strike?
Old May 3, 2023, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Shorts are fine. Really don’t see the problem with them. But feet - shoes, socks or bare - on tables is rude and very unhygienic.

oh no - here we go again!
Old May 4, 2023, 12:26 am

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Gold; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold
Galleries First was very quiet for 8.25pm on a Friday evening when I was last there on a Friday evening on 17 March. I had expected a messy scene it being St Patrick's Day, but perhaps everyone was in the pub rather than T5?

Last edited by paulieuk; May 4, 2023 at 12:31 am
Old May 4, 2023, 1:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
the Silver lounges will get busier for sure !
The numbers of Silvers will be dropping too, no?

inappropriate shorts

Christ.
Old May 4, 2023, 1:57 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by gw76
inappropriate shorts
*gets Daisy Dukes out of winter storage
Old May 4, 2023, 1:57 am

They certainly weren't quieter when I navigated LHR on Monday around midday. Even busier than last time I flew out, which was at the end of March (and that was via CCR, which was rammed).

LHR was very busy. IBZ flight full. Why would lounges get quieter? From now on it will be silly season for travel.

Also, depends when you travel. I've been in the First lounge at 5.15am on a morning and almost the only person in there. If I took a photo then, or 9pm on an evening, it would look like they were quieter...
Old May 4, 2023, 2:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
I am sitting in Galleries First LHR now and it is fairly quiet. No problem finding a seat.
Old May 4, 2023, 2:31 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA Amex Prem, BA Amex Business, Amex Platinum, Coutts Silk, Hilton Diamond etc.
Originally Posted by RichieMc
*gets Daisy Dukes out of winter storage
Silk stockings and breeches.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old May 4, 2023, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by TraumaDoc
The numbers of Silvers will be dropping too, no?
i suspect what was meant was that ggl and gch who lost status will drop to silver, but indeed, many silvers will similarly drop to bronze too so I don’t think it will be a net increase for club lounges though club cabins themselves are still full.

agree with you on shorts, no idea what “inappropriate shorts’ are…
Old May 4, 2023, 2:44 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
oh no - here we go again!
Should be lounge suit in GC, black tie in GF, and white tie and tails in the CCR. Anything else is just letting the side down

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.