Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Now we get a free hot drink in SH Y as GCHs? [No, passenger paid with Avios]

Old Apr 25, 2023, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC

The most bizarre thing happened to me today. My seat-neighbour-once-removed (thanks TS) ordered a coffe.

The bizarre part (still to come obviously) is that in order to pay, he prepared the BA app with the gold card open and handed it to the crew. I couldn’t hear the first part of the conversation but that struck me so much that I had to eavesdrop at that point. Unfortunately all I heard at that point was the CC replying “would you like the receipt?”.

Now, two things are possible. Either there is a secret hot drink freebie for GCH that would go against every thread I read about what to expect in Y, or something else is at play. Also the receipt part wouldn’t make sense. The only thing I could think about is some sort of voucher loaded in the BAEC account.

Help me out, have you witnessed anything like this before?

Last edited by erikh94; Apr 25, 2023 at 3:09 pm
Old Apr 25, 2023, 2:59 pm

They likely paid with avios.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by haroon145
They likely paid with avios.
I feel very stupid now. Thanks 😁
Geordie405, Delboy65 and Fatdickie like this.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 3:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
But we SHOULD get a free hot (or cold) drink in Y as GC holders, n'est-ce pas? I mean, we're special, aren't we?
erikh94 and becks1 like this.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Time to ask a mod to change your thread title?
Old Apr 25, 2023, 4:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by eefor jfp
But we SHOULD get a free hot (or cold) drink in Y as GC holders, n'est-ce pas? I mean, we're special, aren't we?

You might decide to lobby BA management with a view to the introduction of such a policy. And if you do ……. let me be the first to wish you good luck !
Old Apr 25, 2023, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by eefor jfp
Originally Posted by subject2load
You might decide to lobby BA management with a view to the introduction of such a policy. And if you do ……. let me be the first to wish you good luck !
Be careful what you wish for - the obvious move for BA would be to remove lounge access from Silver/Gold to fund the free onboard coffee!
Old Apr 25, 2023, 5:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Maybe, maybe not, I couldn't possibly comment... . ;-)
erikh94 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.