Covid test

Old Apr 25, 2023, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, BAEC
Covid test

Do I need a Covid test to fly from Munich-London-IAD?
Old Apr 25, 2023, 1:34 pm

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
You do not.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
No.

But there’s possibly a few caveats to that.

Heres the thread from the COVID forum with recent information No more Covid testing to travel to USA- reversed for travelers from China Jan 5, 2023
Old Apr 28, 2023, 8:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriot Silver, National Executive Elite, SIXT Platinum
According to my online check-in note on Manage My Booking I'll need a Covid test before even checking in. I can't find any other information online so I will head to the airport this evening to investigate.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 8:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by monius
According to my online check-in note on Manage My Booking I'll need a Covid test before even checking in. I can't find any other information online so I will head to the airport this evening to investigate.
If you can precise details of your route, you can find out right here.
4sallypat likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If you can precise details of your route, you can find out right here.
I know for certain that there are no restrictions for my route, and the phone attendant and Sherpa just confirmed this. However, I was told that the reason why myself and my colleague cannot check in is because the flight tomorrow is under "airport control" which I have never heard of before now.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 9:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
I know for certain that there are no restrictions for my route, and the phone attendant and Sherpa just confirmed this. However, I was told that the reason why myself and my colleague cannot check in is because the flight tomorrow is under "airport control" which I have never heard of before now.
Flights are under airport control (ie. staff working at the airport instead of call center) generally from T-24h onwards.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 9:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
in that case dont worry about it.

from memory the wording on MMB is we need to check your documents, not you must have a covid test. If you dont need anything then check in at the airport and there will be nothing to check.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 10:24 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Depending on the route there is a certain amount of standard messaging going on which can confuse but isn't an issue. So take for example Germany-LHR-USA, and you are a US citizen. On that there would be no checks or certificates needed, just the passport scan. I would therefore expect that (misleading) message to show up and unless you did the Salesforce update to tell the system you are a US citizen then OLCI would be blocked for what is known as an ADOC check. The call centre is unable to help once the flight is under Airport Control, but had you done the Salesforce update on day 3 or day 2 to departure you would have a good chance of getting through OLCI. At this point you can check-in at the airport and I would expect that to be trouble-free. Again taking that route as an example. Different things apply on different routes, and you will see other examples of this in the main Document Upload thread.
KARFA likes this.
Old May 2, 2023, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by duvin
Flights are under airport control (ie. staff working at the airport instead of call center) generally from T-24h onwards.
I never had an issue with being able to check in online T-24h. When I did, I was able to call and have the agent help.
Old May 2, 2023, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
in that case dont worry about it.

from memory the wording on MMB is we need to check your documents, not you must have a covid test. If you dont need anything then check in at the airport and there will be nothing to check.
I was worried because I wasn't able to check in online. I went to the airport and they confirmed that it must be an "error" and were able to check me in and hand me boarding passes for the next morning flight, plus my connection.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.