Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA280 (LAX- LHR) and BA285 (LHR-SFO) cancellations

Old Apr 19, 2023, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Due to fly these routes in a few weeks so keeping an eye on their reliability. I've noticed they both had had two or three cancellations over the last week or so which doesn't bode well.

​​​​​​Is there any particular reason? Surely they can't be that unreliable?

Will be flying 285 on 31st May and 280 on 17th June.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 10:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

I believe it's a combination of A380 issues, other aircraft types going tech as well and subsequently a shortage of frames.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35177605-post471.html
Old Apr 19, 2023, 10:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Noticing major delays on BA a380s

More discussion here too.

(Posted separately as adding in an additional thread to the post above seems to hyperlink the 1st one I posted )
Old Apr 19, 2023, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Ah, ok. Thanks. When we travel it's on 777s. I presume the it should be a bit more stable?
Old Apr 19, 2023, 10:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Not necessarily, just at the moment, there are also a number of 777s with technical issues, as well as some issues with 5G compliance. This sort of question comes up a fair bit after a few cancellations - some people like to see whether their flight on date X will fare by looking at the same flight on date Y. The reality is that past performance is not a good guide to future results.

See this thread from approx post 440 and onwards.
FAQ : Reason for flight delay or cancellation - 2023 edition
Old Apr 19, 2023, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Not necessarily, just at the moment, there are also a number of 777s with technical issues, as well as some issues with 5G compliance. This sort of question comes up a fair bit after a few cancellations - some people like to see whether their flight on date X will fare by looking at the same flight on date Y. The reality is that past performance is not a good guide to future results.

See this thread from approx post 440 and onwards.
FAQ : Reason for flight delay or cancellation - 2023 edition
​​Thanks. Had so many things go wrong with this trip! At least it looks like we will miss the LHR security strikes
Old Apr 19, 2023, 10:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Superdon
​​Thanks. Had so many things go wrong with this trip! At least it looks like we will miss the LHR security strikes
Hopefully they will announce some more strike days!
Geordie405 and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 11:53 am
Original Member

Not a good day for the San Fran route today, BA285 cancelled and the BA287 due to go at 14:05 departed 2.5hrs late. Fingers crossed my flight next week goes OK
BearX220 likes this.

Last edited by Tim_T; Apr 19, 2023 at 12:34 pm
Old Apr 19, 2023, 3:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Originally Posted by Tim_T
Not a good day for the San Fran route today, BA285 cancelled and the BA287 due to go at 14:05 departed 2.5hrs late. Fingers crossed my flight next week goes OK
Yes, I'm on the 286 SFO-LHR today and have been told it will depart:20:30 and arrive LHR 15:00.

Quick question if I may. At say 4pm in the afternoon which would likely be quicker after taking the Hex service to Paddington: A) Taxi from Paddington to Kings Cross or B), taking the Tube ( with luggage)?

Thanks for any replies and sorry to stray from the thread.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 2:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by tattikat2
Yes, I'm on the 286 SFO-LHR today and have been told it will depart:20:30 and arrive LHR 15:00.

Quick question if I may. At say 4pm in the afternoon which would likely be quicker after taking the Hex service to Paddington: A) Taxi from Paddington to Kings Cross or B), taking the Tube ( with luggage)?

Thanks for any replies and sorry to stray from the thread.
Depends how much luggage you have really. If it's fairly manageable, I'd take the tube any day. Circle/H&C line, very little fuss and will only take about 20 minutes.
VSLover likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 11:28 am

Programs: SPG, HH, IHG, BA, DL
Originally Posted by PETER01
Noticing major delays on BA a380s

More discussion here too.

(Posted separately as adding in an additional thread to the post above seems to hyperlink the 1st one I posted )
So are the BA 380 Airbus returning to LAX ?

I have an upcoming trip booked for May LAX-LHR BA280 on 777 and worried about their cancellations on Sundays and Tuesdays for some reason.

Hoping a miracle, the A380 will fly this route as I loved the A380 in the past....

Last edited by 4sallypat; Apr 26, 2023 at 11:30 am Reason: past schedule

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.