Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA charging APD from JER and INV

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2023, 3:57 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Just to close this thread out, many thanks to NC Flyer for spotting the incorrect addition of APD!
BA have agreed it was mistakenly added to my fare and have processed a refund to my CC.

Pilot37

Last edited by Pilot37; Mar 23, 2023 at 5:56 am Reason: Change of wording
Old Mar 23, 2023, 6:32 pm

Programs: BAEC
looks like I have been charged Ł204 too ex INV-USA booked on 21/3, so will call them tomorrow, and let you know the outcome, thanks for spotting too !
Old Mar 24, 2023, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Pilot37
Just to close this thread out, many thanks to NC Flyer for spotting the incorrect addition of APD!
BA have agreed it was mistakenly added to my fare and have processed a refund to my CC.

Pilot37
Just to clarify - am I right in thinking that you had/there is ZERO APD applied for Inverness to Seattle return - connecting through LHR ? thanks
Old Mar 24, 2023, 4:40 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by paulafrancis01
Just to clarify - am I right in thinking that you had/there is ZERO APD applied for Inverness to Seattle return - connecting through LHR ? thanks
That's correct. APD only applies for journeys that start in England, Wales, Scotland and NI, excluding the Highlands and Islands (i.e. INV for BA).

The only time where a change at LHR would trigger APD would be if it were scheduled to be more than 24 hours - at this point it would be considered a stopover, so your onward flight from LHR would be considered a separate journey that attracts APD.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by flarmip
That's correct. APD only applies for journeys that start in England, Wales, Scotland and NI, excluding the Highlands and Islands (i.e. INV for BA).

The only time where a change at LHR would trigger APD would be if it were scheduled to be more than 24 hours - at this point it would be considered a stopover, so your onward flight from LHR would be considered a separate journey that attracts APD.
Thank you all and especially eagle eyed NC Flyer - just to update - my Ł204 x 2 pax has been refunded to my account. Wonder how many others got caught out by it, and haven't realised ? Will BA correct the charges ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.