Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Double tier points on holidays will tip me to gold 2 days before membership year ends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double tier points on holidays will tip me to gold 2 days before membership year ends

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2023, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC - Gold

Hiya,

I'm off to SOF soon and this will give me sufficient tier points to get to gold as its via a BA holidays promotion and eligible for double tier points. I return 2 days before my tier points collection year ends. I am assuming that what will happen is that as I have earned all the tier points within the necessary time frame I will be eligible for gold, however as the double tier points will take a million years to credit (more or less) and let's face it I'l llikely have to open a claim for them (although BA are getting better at crediting them I will admit) I won't actually be able to use my gold status for a month or two after qualifying (the fight I am already imagining I am going to have to claim the double TPs plus then to have my status increased to gold is raising my blood pressure). But maybe I'm being pessimistic! Do BA make any extra effort for crediting the entitled tier points when it happens so close to a tier point collection year ending? Is there any hope that my status will nicely tick over to gold in good time or is there a higher probability it will require a lot of manual intervention?

Cheers!
Old Mar 20, 2023, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
The double tier points will likely hit within seven days, maybe even 48 hours, but sometimes as longas 14 days.

See the recent experience in the main thread Double Tier Points on British Airways Holidays bookings - FlyerTalk Forums , but the system is now very efficient unlike the first year or so of the process !
Cazmantis likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 10:36 am
Original Poster

I guess I'm getting a bit unlucky with those double TPs (although your estimate of 48 hours gives me real hope for my SOF trip!) I am still waiting for the double TPs from a trip to Israel which I returned from on the 8th to be credited. It did used to be wait 30 days until you claim but I thought I saw something about the new pledge being that they would do it within 14 - do you think it will be fine to make a claim for the Tel Aviv trip on the 22nd?
Cheers!
Old Mar 20, 2023, 10:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Hasn't been 14 days for me. Tends to post on the 2nd/3rd of each month. I only got half the bonus points of my last trip as I flew back on March 1st and it seems they only credited 80 for the outbound a couple of weeks before. I'm waiting until April 3rd before I submit a claim. So in short, you may be in limbo for a short while, but should definitely get Gold
Cazmantis and crazy8534 like this.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 10:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Well, as I reported over on the thread linked above I would say don’t be completely sure about posting times as I just went over 14 days on a ‘vanilla’ ex-UK trip but just as I was about to do that my account updated.

I did notice that actually the terms are 14 working days. I haven’t had any problems at all up until now after the age of routine chasing ended, although I must say I also had no problems at that time too and all my emails were politely responded to and actioned within less than 48hrs.
Cazmantis likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 10:44 am
Original Poster

That's all useful experiences - thanks all. Will take note of the 14 working days bit before I claim :-)
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 1:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
They hit my wife’s account within 7 days of the return leg. We’re both away again next month so hopefully, it’ll be just as seamless as last time.
Cazmantis likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 1:43 pm

Hoping my points will hit before my journey (10 days) so I can use on the return leg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.