Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Parents in Business, kids in EP - lounge access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parents in Business, kids in EP - lounge access?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2023, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by davidcamp6
split the lounges between you and the kids for the showers,
What does that mean? (or what do you have in mind?) Only the two adults have lounge access, the kids don't. And no paid lounge will accept the kids without adults either.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 3:34 pm

I'd use your priority pass to guest the children into one of the lounges assoiciated with your card. I know I can guest up to two others with no additional charge. check what your program does.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 4:01 pm

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
I hope you’ve got them BAEC memberships
Old Mar 18, 2023, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RockyRobin
Thanks for the reminder! I've been meaning to do that, and now finally just did it today.
mikeyfly and RockyRobin like this.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Good point!
Enroll them in BAEC and create a household account. Those five tickets should earn you approx. 65,000 Avios in total - I`d not let that go to waste!
dw and wanderingjock like this.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 8:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List & GfL, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Kosslerj
We’re traveling next week like this:
DEN -> LHR -> FAO
5 passengers
- 2 adults Club World
- 3 children (13, 9, 9) World Traveller Plus

When we arrive at LHR (Terminal 5), we have a 4 hour layover before the next flight, out of Terminal 3. I was hoping all 5 of us could grab a shower and freshen up in a lounge.
I have no status on BA, but have Amex Business Platinum and Priority Pass. Would any of the business lounges allow our 3 kids to accompany us in the lounge? Would you stay in terminal 5 or go straight to T3 for the lounges there?

Thanks!

On a completely different point, you might want to check information about the terminals. Heathrow-Faro flights were planned to move to T3 when they resume next weekend, but they are now going to operate from T5. I have several flights switched terminal over the next few months and did not get notified of the terminal changes. None of that will get lounge access of course for your children.
dw and Kosslerj like this.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 9:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

though check to make sure that BA is the best scheme to enrol them into 1st
Old Mar 18, 2023, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
though check to make sure that BA is the best scheme to enrol them into 1st
Whether or not it is the best scheme for them long term, being able to household the miles from a single trip (and put them to meaningful use) is a pretty compelling nod in BA's favor.
wrp96, bhomburg and Kosslerj like this.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
Whether or not it is the best scheme for them long term, being able to household the miles from a single trip (and put them to meaningful use) is a pretty compelling nod in BA's favor.
But then there is the higher cost of awards vs say AA in many routes eastbound plus the significant difference in being able to get award tickets where the only cash component is actual taxes - not additional surcharges that can run to close to $2000 on some r/ts

Definitely worth, imo, comparing earnings to redemption costs and seeing what would be better before committing on one scheme
Kosslerj likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 6:05 am
formerly Sleepy_Sentry

Couldn’t you guest the kids into the PP lounge, head over to the BA lounge and meet them at the gate? Or could the children possibly wait outside the lounge?
Old Mar 19, 2023, 9:00 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Two pages worth of comments and nobody has suggested they pick their least favorite child, give them 20 quid, and tell them to go entertain their self while the others go off and enjoy the lounge? The snark in this thread is at the amateur level. You all are giving the OP relevant, helpful, truthful information. Is this what has become of FT? I'm disappointed in the people in this thread.
ATLCDG, coxm, VSLover and 5 others like this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 9:21 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
Two pages worth of comments and nobody has suggested they pick their least favorite child, give them 20 quid, and tell them to go entertain their self while the others go off and enjoy the lounge? The snark in this thread is at the amateur level. You all are giving the OP relevant, helpful, truthful information. Is this what has become of FT? I'm disappointed in the people in this thread.

frankly i dont know why they dont just leave one of the kids at home.

would resolve a lot of issues.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 9:24 am

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
Originally Posted by VSLover
frankly i dont know why they dont just leave one of the kids at home.

would resolve a lot of issues.
Or post him/her/all of them to the destination, like Flat Stanley.
VSLover likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by e8steve
On a completely different point, you might want to check information about the terminals. Heathrow-Faro flights were planned to move to T3 when they resume next weekend, but they are now going to operate from T5. I have several flights switched terminal over the next few months and did not get notified of the terminal changes. None of that will get lounge access of course for your children.
Drat! This looks to be correct, and the LHR -> FAO leg has been changed to T5. I wonder if that was connected to them announcing the switch to Finnair for this flight a few weeks ago. So now that it’s T5, is my best lounge option Plaza Premium and pay for the guests?
Old Mar 19, 2023, 9:51 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Originally Posted by Grande Annee
Welcome to Flyertalk.

Why do you want the kids in the lounge with you when you don’t want them in the same cabin as you onboard?
do you know -that was my burning question, but I didn’t like to ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.