Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Strike planned - LHR T5 - HAL's security staff 31 March to 9 April 2023

Strike planned - LHR T5 - HAL's security staff 31 March to 9 April 2023

Old Mar 26, 2023, 3:22 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Mucci
Originally Posted by Dev1980
Weíre due to fly LHR to LAX on 2 April on BA283 in the morning which I see isnít being sold any more. Is there any sense in ringing to see if theyíll switch us to one of the AA flights from T3? Youíd think it would be common sense but Iíve not seen anything about rebooking. (Weíre in I but itís not a flexible ticket.)
I am surprised but you are quite correct the 283, 281 and 269 to LAX are all zeroed on that day. Hopefully it just means that they arenít selling tickets and possibly consolidate the flights based on current loads.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 3:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by crazy8534
I am surprised but you are quite correct the 283, 281 and 269 to LAX are all zeroed on that day. Hopefully it just means that they arenít selling tickets and possibly consolidate the flights based on current loads.
they arenít selling any tickets in that period, based on posts above, no long haul has been cancelledÖ yet
Old Mar 26, 2023, 3:41 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
Getting a bit close to the wire now... really hoping some sort of flexible rebooking is offered soon.

I did have a handy bookmark for BA's published disruption rebooking guidelines at https://ba-assistant.eu-gb.mybluemix...ails/external/ but sadly it no longer appears to work - anyone have an updated version?
Old Mar 26, 2023, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by ba_cityflyer
Getting a bit close to the wire now... really hoping some sort of flexible rebooking is offered soon.

I did have a handy bookmark for BA's published disruption rebooking guidelines at https://ba-assistant.eu-gb.mybluemix...ails/external/ but sadly it no longer appears to work - anyone have an updated version?

it really strikes me as odd. Virgin Atlantic already put theirs out surprisingly given the major disruption is at T5 and they operate out of T3. Even American has nothing out but said to expect it any day now. I just called the GGL and she was so un phased about the whole situation
Old Mar 26, 2023, 3:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Grmaht
they ainít doing nothing till a travel waiver is issued. Right now all inventory is zero to avoid any additional ticket sales
yes. Just to emphasise there is no point calling BA atm until the flexibility policy is in place. Until then any changes will only be done as per fare rules. I am sure something will be issued in the next day or two, and will be posted on this thread at that time too.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by KARFA
yes. Just to emphasise there is no point calling BA atm until the flexibility policy is in place. Until then any changes will only be done as per fare rules. I am sure something will be issued in the next day or two, and will be posted on this thread at that time too.
Although if they are looking to allow people to travel before the strike, they're really running out of time.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 4:20 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
BA often seems particularly slow when it comes to issuing travel wavers, even when it's in their own interests. I've been involved in a few meltdowns when you'd think it'd be 100% in their interest to stop more connecting passengers being flown into T5 (since, at the very least, they could distribute them in hotels in various cities, not just London) but there always seems to be a real reluctance to offer any flexibility.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by sigma421
Although if they are looking to allow people to travel before the strike, they're really running out of time.
well yes, but itís a balance between releasing it too early and the dispute is settled with the strike called off, and releasing too late. Tbh my expectation was always that the policy would be issued early w/c 27 March.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by sigma421
itís not well coordinated. Iíve called the GGL twice and both agents were somewhat surprised I called. Saying itís not confirmed or they have no prior knowledge so thereís nothing they can do. How does that make sense when Heathrow has already published the strike is confirmed and I read on one of the news sites that there are no further talks planned prior to March 31st. They are in for one big mess if you ask meÖ
Old Mar 26, 2023, 4:25 am

itís not well coordinated. Iíve called the GGL twice and both agents were somewhat surprised I called. Saying itís not confirmed or they have no prior knowledge so thereís nothing they can do. How does that make sense when Heathrow has already published the strike is confirmed and I read on one of the news sites that there are no further talks planned prior to March 31st. They are in for one big mess if you ask meÖ
Ok, let me be less diplomatic- it is pointless calling ba atm. You are wasting your own time and theirs. I have travel during the period too. Just be patient.

Hal has been given the proper notice of the strike, it does not mean it will definitely still happen and there is still scope for a settlement in the next few days - so saying itís confirmed does not mean it is guaranteed to occur.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 4:31 am

Ok, let me be less diplomatic- it is pointless calling ba atm. You are wasting your own time and theirs. I have travel during the period too. Just be patient.

Hal has been given the proper notice of the strike, it does not mean it will definitely still happen and there is still scope for a settlement in the next few days - so saying itís confirmed does not mean it is guaranteed to occur.
passengers are just looking for the rebooking policy availability. I just read the VS policy which was put out today. Not disagreeing with your comment that the airline canít and wonít rebook without the policy. Itís a risk Ba is taking to wait it out and may pay off but if not itís going to be a mess with handling all the calls and rush to rebook last minute.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 4:34 am

passengers are just looking for the rebooking policy availability. I just read the VS policy which was put out today. Not disagreeing with your comment that the airline canít and wonít rebook without the policy. Itís a risk Ba is taking to wait it out and may pay off but if not itís going to be a mess with handling all the calls and rush to rebook last minute.
and if ba policy put out their policy tomorrow it is one days difference between VS and BA issuance. Your definition of well ordered contingency planning and chaos seems quite tightly defined. Tbh I would have thought it is sensible to put out the policy on a weekday when you have your normal call centre manning, and not on a Sunday.
Confus likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 4:37 am

and if ba policy put out their policy tomorrow it is one days difference between VS and BA issuance. Your definition of well ordered contingency planning and chaos seems quite tightly defined. Tbh I would have thought it is sensible to put out the policy on a weekday when you have your normal call centre manning, and not on a Sunday.
guess we will cross that bridge tomorrow ;-)
Old Mar 26, 2023, 4:39 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
passengers are just looking for the rebooking policy availability. I just read the VS policy which was put out today. Not disagreeing with your comment that the airline can’t and won’t rebook without the policy. It’s a risk Ba is taking to wait it out and may pay off but if not it’s going to be a mess with handling all the calls and rush to rebook last minute.
I think it was written out quite clearly in the very first post here. Usually these sorts of guidelines get raised in FT within an hour or two of issue, and quite frequently before agents have spotted them in their inbox. But I'll repeat here since it is presumably unclear: there is no point calling up at this point in time. They may well enable online tools that allow straightforward one-way and return bookings to be rebooked online. [KARFA probably toned down his earlier reply too!],
KARFA and Soeftel like this.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 4:43 am

Article highlighting talks breaking down and no further negotiations planned -

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/lifestyle/...ke/ar-AA192qti

virgin rebooking policy updates -

https://help.virginatlantic.com/us/e...ed-strike.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.