Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Strike planned - LHR T5 - HAL's security staff 31 March to 9 April 2023

Strike planned - LHR T5 - HAL's security staff 31 March to 9 April 2023

Old Mar 25, 2023, 9:27 am

Programs: BA Bronze
I was hoping to do a same day change on one of the strike days so letís hope inventory is reopened up (even to highest class) closer to departure.
Grmaht likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 9:30 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
My daughters flight to Toulouse cancelled 1/4/23
Are BA obliged to re route under EU 216 or pay for alternative flights /transportation?
Only option is same route 2 days earlier.
Return still intact.
This is flight only and there is a whole ski holiday on back of flights. This should be covered by insurance but like many people she just want to travel.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 9:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by binman
My daughters flight to Toulouse cancelled 1/4/23
Are BA obliged to re route under EU 216 or pay for alternative flights /transportation?
Only option is same route 2 days earlier.
Return still intact.
This is flight only and there is a whole ski holiday on back of flights. This should be covered by insurance but like many people she just want to travel.
they are obliged to try and reroute. have you spotted an alternative airline flight you would accept?
binman, Grmaht, ermis177 and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 10:55 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA slvr, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
We just had April 2 BA 315 from CDG-LHR canceled - luckily we could get on an earlier flight that day, since we're connecting to IAD.
Grmaht and becks1 like this.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
they are obliged to try and reroute. have you spotted an alternative airline flight you would accept?
thank you itís what I thought. There is an alternative on LH via FRA but she decided to go 2 days earlier and spend 2 night in TLS. It added £200 but frankly the idea of trying to get these changes via a call centre or dealing with insurance for a complete cancellation meant £200 was money well spent.
SxMan likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver, Marriott Ambassador, HH diamond IHG plat
I’ve got a Ncl-lhr-arn on 31st. MMB says I can’t see options for cancel or change and have to ring up. I’ve booked a fully flex via FRA on LH just in case as I have a connection in arn I can’t miss
Old Mar 25, 2023, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
A flight in a GLA-LHR-JFK booking on April 6 has gone red but otherwise seems to be operating. What is this likely to mean?
Old Mar 25, 2023, 2:18 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by sigma421
A flight in a GLA-LHR-JFK booking on April 6 has gone red but otherwise seems to be operating. What is this likely to mean?
It means any change at all, even a minor time change such as arriving into JFK 5 minutes earlier or later. Check your seat selection in case it's an equipment change.
KARFA likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 2:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It means any change at all, even a minor time change such as arriving into JFK 5 minutes earlier or later. Check your seat selection in case it's an equipment change.
Looks like a curtain move (it's the GLA-LHR sector) and CE has shrunk. Phew (for now).

It's a 5 hour connection at LHR and obviously we don't need to re-clear security there so not very worried (yet).
Old Mar 25, 2023, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold
The 18:25 JER - LHR flight on 1st April was cancelled earlier today. Managed to get put on an earlier flight which is still going (at the moment).
Old Mar 25, 2023, 5:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Seems a little strange that BA are cancelling flights - fine if they expect fewer passengers to travel, but if security is slower, the same number of passengers might still be travelling. (I'm due to arrive into LHR on 31st March, so hopefully will not be a problem getting out of T5!).
Old Mar 25, 2023, 5:36 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
At a guess the gold wing security will be closed, since it's not the best use of staff in terms of throughput?
Old Mar 26, 2023, 2:40 am

Weíre due to fly LHR to LAX on 2 April on BA283 in the morning which I see isnít being sold any more. Is there any sense in ringing to see if theyíll switch us to one of the AA flights from T3? Youíd think it would be common sense but Iíve not seen anything about rebooking. (Weíre in I but itís not a flexible ticket.)
Old Mar 26, 2023, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by Dev1980
Weíre due to fly LHR to LAX on 2 April on BA283 in the morning which I see isnít being sold any more. Is there any sense in ringing to see if theyíll switch us to one of the AA flights from T3? Youíd think it would be common sense but Iíve not seen anything about rebooking. (Weíre in I but itís not a flexible ticket.)
they ainít doing nothing till a travel waiver is issued. Right now all inventory is zero to avoid any additional ticket sales
Old Mar 26, 2023, 3:21 am

For those travelling during the strike, get to LHR with a calm mindset, especially as its Easter holiday period, expect queues, expect delays, expect facilities such as fast track to be closed or severely restricted and so on. Donít expect much sympathy using the DYKWIA lines as airports are essentially like cattle pens during disruption, whatever your frequent flyer status . The Heathrow airport website is advising those on shorthaul flights not to arrive more than 2 hours before their flights and not more than 3 hours for longhaul.

I am due to travel to Scotland next Friday on an early flight and expect most passengers will get to LHR as early as possible = queues, crowd control and tantrums. My return next weekend was cancelled last night and the only availability for rebooking was 9hrs earlier than planned. Happy travels all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.