Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Strike planned - LHR T5 - HAL's security staff 31 March to 9 April 2023

Strike planned - LHR T5 - HAL's security staff 31 March to 9 April 2023

Old Mar 24, 2023, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by MASTERNC
would be a little concerned about trying to get back in the airport but we are flying out of T3, so maybe we’d be ok
Either way you'll have to go through security. As long as you're through passport control quickly (hopefully you have an e-gate eligible passport), you might as well enjoy the city for a bit.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 2:21 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by work2fly
I have a BA to AA transfer during the strike period. Do I recall correctly that security for this transfer is at T3?

I guess I still need to monitor BA flight cancellations for potential disruptions?
If it gets to the point of cancellations, you may be better off rebooking on another airline and bypassing London. Iberia via MAD, Finnair via HEL, Aer Lingus via DUB should be options that are easy.
work2fly likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
Assuming our flights (domestic connecting at T5 to Europe) are affected would the advice be to have rebooking options ready to go on other airlines? Is it essential to get through to BA before booking? Wondering the best approach to maximise the likelihood we get away with the kids as close as possible to planned. Thanks in advance

Last edited by DocS; Mar 25, 2023 at 4:12 am
Old Mar 25, 2023, 4:36 am

Programs: DL Plat
I have an early morning connection at T5 during this period, about 1h45m…. GVA-LHR-IAH… hope it doesn’t become problematic…
Old Mar 25, 2023, 4:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by DocS
Assuming our flights (domestic connecting at T5 to Europe) are affected would the advice be to have rebooking options ready to go on other airlines? Is it essential to get through to BA before booking? Wondering the best approach to maximise the likelihood we get away with the kids as close as possible to planned. Thanks in advance
Yes, it is essential to work via BA, otherwise it's likely to be at your expense. Hypotheticals are unhelpful, I would suggest, it's best to look at this in the light of what happens, but there is no harm looking up alternatives.
DocS likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 7:25 am

Just checked EF and all outbound flights out of LHR are zero’ed out for March 31st, April 1st and April 2nd. Seems like connecting flights and inbound flights are still being sold
BA850 and Soeftel like this.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 7:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Grmaht
Just checked EF and all outbound flights out of LHR are zero’ed out for March 31st, April 1st and April 2nd. Seems like connecting flights and inbound flights are still being sold
Yep, you can't book for these days on the BA site. Strange they would not block out the whole strike period (I'm flying on 3rd), but maybe they are expecting disruption to settle after a few days.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 7:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Grmaht
Looks like connecting itineraries also affected:

Old Mar 25, 2023, 8:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum
The cancelations have started, Just noticed on the app that my BA1419 from BHD to LHR on 31st has been canceled, although to date no e-mail to advise.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by BA850
Looks like connecting itineraries also affected:

it looks like connecting short haul are being zeroed out. My flight from JFK to BLR via London is still being sold at a rather cheap price interestingly enough but if I look at inbound LHR to NYC and LHR to BLR all zero
BA850 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by nathanliu
Yep, you can't book for these days on the BA site. Strange they would not block out the whole strike period (I'm flying on 3rd), but maybe they are expecting disruption to settle after a few days.
the strategy is perhaps wait and see or rather the rush will die down over the weekend. Don’t think they want to put themselves at risk to cancel and rebook if they don’t have to. Just is very odd we’re t minus 5 from 03/31 and no official notice or rebooking policy!
Old Mar 25, 2023, 8:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum
Update, re my canceled flight from BHD on 31st. Just been on the phone to BA and they have rebooked me onto the earlier BHD to LHR flight no problem.
Grmaht and Soeftel like this.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 8:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Domestic cancellations LHR-EDI on 31/3 so far:
BA1446 1305
BA1454 1815

Reciprocal cancellation of EDI-LHR on 31/3:
BA1453 1520
BA1463 2025

Stated due to "airport restrictions".
So that is only 2/10 cancelled so far on the Friday.

Looks like 1/10 cancelled from GLA and 1/5 from ABZ and no INV, MAN or NCL canx so far.
TRISTAR1979, Grmaht and BA850 like this.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 9:20 am

Just called GGL and as expected said unless flight is already affected or a policy is published there is nothing for them to do for us to assist
ba_cityflyer likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 9:24 am

Just tried to select the last two adjacent seats in Club Europe for our connecting flight (LHR-VIE) on April 1 but keep getting an error and being told to call in. EF doesn’t show a block so hoping this isn’t a sign of a cancellation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.