Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Qantas lounge access with BA Silver Exec Club membership

Qantas lounge access with BA Silver Exec Club membership

Old Mar 7, 2023, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club
Question Qantas lounge access with BA Silver Exec Club membership

Hi,

I'm flying Heathrow-Singapore-Sydney-Cairns on Friday, followed by Cairns-Sydney-Singapore-Heathrow a couple of weeks later.

I'm flying in economy with Qantas (QF2 out and QF1 back).

I have BA Silver Executive Club status but struggling to understand whether I qualify for lounge access on this basis alone. Realistically, I'm only interested on options (if there are any) at Heathrow, Sydney and Cairns, because I'm only in Singapore for 90 minutes in each direction. I've never flown with Qantas before, and never travelled via Sydney, so a bit clueless as to whether I'm entitled to anything, especially as I'm only travelling on an economy ticket.

Many thanks for your help. Alex
Old Mar 7, 2023, 5:36 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by ajhemingway
Hi,

I'm flying Heathrow-Singapore-Sydney-Cairns on Friday, followed by Cairns-Sydney-Singapore-Heathrow a couple of weeks later.

I have BA Silver Executive Club status but struggling to understand whether I qualify for lounge access on this basis alone. Realistically, I'm only interested on options (if there are any) at Heathrow, Sydney and Cairns, because I'm only in Singapore for 90 minutes in each direction. I've never flown with Qantas before, and never travelled via Sydney, so a bit clueless as to whether I'm entitled to anything, especially as I'm only travelling on an economy ticket.

Many thanks for your help. Alex
As you have Silver status, you'll have access to any lounges that allow oneworld Sapphire members regardless of which class you're travelling in. At Heathrow T3 you'll have an excellent choice, including the Qantas and Cathay Pacific business lounges. You could also go to BA or AA, but I wouldn't. Elsewhere on your journey the oneworld lounge finder will show what's available. Airport Lounges: oneworld Lounges & Airport Lounge Access | oneworld

I know that there are some exemptions from the usual oneworld access rights for the Qantas domestic business lounges in Australia so hopefully someone with experience of those rules might be able to assist further.

Have a good trip!
BertieBadger and RJD1983 like this.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 5:37 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
BA Executive Club Silver corresponds to Oneworld Sapphire (OWS) which enables lounge access to Business Class lounges regardless of your class of travel. It also entitles you to one guest. (You won't get access to First Class lounges where they exist)

So, the short answer is yes, you'll have access.

You can look here to find the specifics at each airport: Airport Lounges: oneworld Lounges & Airport Lounge Access | oneworld

At Heathrow Terminal 3, you will have a choice of lounges (tho I believe AA is still closed, and few people would find any reason to recommend BA over Qantas or Cathay)

EDIT: Beaten by a minute But Never Stanstead has given you the info you need. You will generally find any exemptions buried in the small print of the Oneworld Lounges web pages that we have both linked to, so have a look at the details in there
Never Stansted and m8_rotate like this.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club
Many thanks to you both!
Never Stansted likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 6:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
In terms of domestic access, OWS equates to Qantas FF Gold, so you get whatever they get.

Domestic you'll get access to Qantas Club lounges in SYD and CNS.

From recent experience on QF1/QF2, the transit through SIN has taken longer than anticipated and I used the lounges in SIN both ways. The QF2 transit is timed at the same time as the main bank of SIN-Oz flights and so the lounge will be busier around then. For QF1, the main bank of departures has gone, and QF1 passengers have the lounge largely to themselves.
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 6:08 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Yes as BA Silver (OW Sapphire) on SYD-CNS (domestic terminal) you can enter Qantas Club, and on SYD-SIN (international terminal) you can use the International Business Lounge... one is significantly better than the other!

Qantas domestic Business lounges are only for OW Emerald (BA Gold) and those in Business class
Old Mar 7, 2023, 7:39 am

And in the Qantas Club you’ll discover the delights of making your own toasted sandwiches.
choosethedrew and Modo like this.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 7:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Originally Posted by PAL62V
And in the Qantas Club you’ll discover the delights of making your own toasted sandwiches.
Oh, not wanting to be left out, us OWEs get that in the Domestic Business Lounge as well!
nancypants and PAL62V like this.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc

i must say I like it in the Dom business lounges and pressing your own juice in the morning even more!! Coffee is also vastly better than in Ba (and most other) lounges.
PAL62V likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 8:34 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
And having a barista make you a proper coffee.
PAL62V and mjh0 like this.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Deckter
And having a barista make you a proper coffee.
Correct! Possibly the best coffee I have had in any lounge.
mjh0 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by BertieBadger
BA Executive Club Silver corresponds to Oneworld Sapphire (OWS) which enables lounge access to Business Class lounges regardless of your class of travel. It also entitles you to one guest. (You won't get access to First Class lounges where they exist)

So, the short answer is yes, you'll have access.

You can look here to find the specifics at each airport: Airport Lounges: oneworld Lounges & Airport Lounge Access | oneworld

At Heathrow Terminal 3, you will have a choice of lounges (tho I believe AA is still closed, and few people would find any reason to recommend BA over Qantas or Cathay)

EDIT: Beaten by a minute But Never Stanstead has given you the info you need. You will generally find any exemptions buried in the small print of the Oneworld Lounges web pages that we have both linked to, so have a look at the details in there
AA has been open a while now
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Correct! Possibly the best coffee I have had in any lounge.
Agreed but remember that no alcohol is available until after 12 in the domestic lounges.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

offish topic
Originally Posted by ajhemingway

At SYD you need to clear immigration. customs & quarantine at Syd T1. Bag drop at T1 and then travel to SYD T3
Link-->Airport info SYDNEY (SYD) - amenities, transfers, transport

Qantas lounges-->
https://www.qantas.com/nz/en/qantas-...t-lounges.html
https://www.qantas.com/au/en/qantas-...t-lounges.html

Enjoy FNQ (far north Queensland)
Old Mar 8, 2023, 10:53 am

Programs: QF WP
Just confirming OWS gets you into the domestic Qantas club, not the domestic business lounge (which is the OWE lounge), if travelling economy

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.