Wiki Posts
Search

Weird seat map

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2023, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club, AZ, VS, AA, UA
Weird seat map

Evening all. Traveling next month on a service operated by A321 according to ba.com. The seat map is very strange:

What config is this, and have I picked the right exit row seats for maximum legroom?

TIA

OB
Old Mar 6, 2023, 11:22 am

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)
Is it possibly this:

https://www.aerolopa.com/ba-21v

and the seat map in MMB doesn’t quite match Aerolopa/reality on board? I’m assuming it’s a glitch that leads to two C seats in row 9.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 11:22 am

Programs: BA Silver
It looks like a normal A321 but with the J cabin back to row 10 (middle seat blocked out)
Old Mar 6, 2023, 11:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It's a well known bug on CE stretching down into A321 to the emergency exits and the crew seat. It will show correctly at T-72 hours. Those seats do have good leg room, but if the curtain goes forward then you'll have to select the seats then available. Aerolopa is the best place for seat plans.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 11:24 am

This is a A321 CEO config where Club stretches back beyond the doors in Row 10.
Nothing odd about it, everything is quite normal.

https://www.aerolopa.com/ba-21v

Row 10 is perfect for extra leg room, however the A/C side doesn't have a crew jump seat looking straight back to you unlike the D/F side.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Seatguru claims it's this - which got me very excited - but I thought those planes had been long since reconfigured?
Old Mar 6, 2023, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ignore anything Seatguru says. It is the biggest waste of time imaginable.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 11:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Indeed the mid haul config no longer exists in the fleet.
efincomputer likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 11:30 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by OxfordBlue
Seatguru claims it's this - which got me very excited - but I thought those planes had been long since reconfigured?
Why is Seatguru coming up today? Is it high on Google? It's a moribund website, which was last updated 8 years ago, and even then wasn't accurate for BA. That's the old midhaul fleet, long since gone, and even before ithey took out the midhaul it has been updated since that design.
efincomputer, AJA_, SxMan and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Why is Seatguru coming up today? Is it high on Google? It's a moribund website, which was last updated 8 years ago, and even then wasn't accurate for BA. That's the old midhaul fleet, long since gone, and even before ithey took out the midhaul it has been updated since that design.
Thought as much, c-w-s. Didn't realise it was so terribly out of date, shan't bother with it again.
AJA_ and corporate-wage-slave like this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 1:56 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Nothing odd about it, everything is quite normal
well, apart from the 2 seats labelled as 9C …..
Old Mar 6, 2023, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Appreciate you’ve mentioned you’re looking for legroom, but be wary of the service in a large Club Europe cabin. If you’re in the last row, don’t be surprised if your first choice of meal has run out and possibly fewer top ups. Especially if it’s a shorter flight.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 3:23 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Why is Seatguru coming up today? Is it high on Google?
I’m sure you are aware, but for a bit of light hearted musing, If one types the word seat as part of the search on Google then it no doubt returns SeatGuru as the first result, so I’d suggest that’s the first place users turn to. If one doesn’t know much or like most users who won’t bother scrolling, unless the first result doesn’t provide what you’re searching for.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 5:19 pm

Programs: BA Silver, A3
Aerolopa has great seat plans but the one thing that I liked seatguru for was seat information and where not to sit.
RockyRobin and boltsky like this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
well, apart from the 2 seats labelled as 9C …..
Quite. Although this happens with such frequency on MMB when flying the A321 that it's very much normal to see this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.