Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

3rd March 2023 / BA213 / LHR-BOS / 77L / No First Class?

Old Mar 2, 2023, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, Qatar Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold

Hi all!

Flying on the above tomorrow and (whilst I know to take with a pinch of salt), I can see the aircraft type allocated on 'Flighty' iOS App is showing a 77L. I checked on Aerolopa and that aircraft seems to not have a First cabin. Does anyone know the actual aircraft allocated to BA213 / LHR-BOS on the 3rd March (tomorrow) and if in fact there is a First cabin or not?

Thanks!
Old Mar 2, 2023, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by Ryanfozzie
Hi all!

Flying on the above tomorrow and (whilst I know to take with a pinch of salt), I can see the aircraft type allocated on 'Flighty' iOS App is showing a 77L. I checked on Aerolopa and that aircraft seems to not have a First cabin. Does anyone know the actual aircraft allocated to BA213 / LHR-BOS on the 3rd March (tomorrow) and if in fact there is a First cabin or not?

Thanks!
BA213/03MAR is currently showing G-VIIG. This is a 77M, with a config of 8F/49J/40W/138Y.
This can always be changed prior to departure.
Ryanfozzie likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, Qatar Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MFCC
BA213/03MAR is currently showing G-VIIG. This is a 77M, with a config of 8F/49J/40W/138Y.
This can always be changed prior to departure.
Thanks for this! Wanted to deal with a downgrade sooner rather than later if in case it was a 77L.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Damn external technology... !
Ryanfozzie likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 6:08 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Hi all!

Thanks!
Flighty is not at all accurate unless and until an actual tail number is assigned and it's not assigned within Flighty at the moment.
mikeyfly and Ryanfozzie like this.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 6:10 am

Thanks for this! Wanted to deal with a downgrade sooner rather than later if in case it was a 77L.
Ah okay. For reference, the 203 is also a 77M and the 239 is a 789 so both also have F cabins.
Ryanfozzie likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 6:17 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC Gold (OWE)
Someone may be able to share more information about the specific aircraft, however I imagine you'll be flying on BA's 777-200ER which has been tagged as a 77L.

Whenever BA has flown this aircraft recently on this route they've used their 77M configuration which includes 8 First Class seats, so I imagine you're perfectly safe (especially if the seat map on the BA app still shows First).
Ryanfozzie likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Ah okay. For reference, the 203 is also a 77M and the 239 is a 789 so both also have F cabins.
Thank you so much for this Was hoping for a New F (2020 suite), especially when the aircraft has the Club Suite! I think it's the 2010 F product that was slightly cleaned up when they installed the Club Suite.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 6:22 am

I can see the aircraft type allocated on 'Flighty' iOS App is showing a 77L.
Out of interest, where are you seeing it show 77L in Flighty? When I add that flight is shows nothing specific at all.

For future (and if you don't have generous access to internal systems by a kind staffer like MFCC) your best options are to check the seat map in ExpertFlyer or use FlightRadar24 (other apps are available) to check to see whether a tail number has been allocated.

Old Mar 2, 2023, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by golfmad
Out of interest, where are you seeing it show 77L in Flighty? When I add that flight is shows nothing specific at all.

For future (and if you don't have generous access to internal systems by a kind staffer like MFCC) your best options are to check the seat map in ExpertFlyer or use FlightRadar24 (other apps are available) to check to see whether a tail number has been allocated.

So it's changed since I posted. Under ICAO Type, it had '77L' - and that triggered the concern.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 6:49 am

So it's changed since I posted. Under ICAO Type, it had '77L' - and that triggered the concern.
Ok. It's definitely the most flaky part of Flighty.
Ryanfozzie and mikeyfly like this.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 7:04 am

Thank you so much for this Was hoping for a New F (2020 suite), especially when the aircraft has the Club Suite! I think it's the 2010 F product that was slightly cleaned up when they installed the Club Suite.
The 77Ms are equipped with the 'old' F Suite. They simply removed 6 of them when they reconfigured the aircraft. The only aircraft with the 'new' F Suites with doors are the 77H (-300 Club Suites) and the 781. The 789 also features an updated suite since delivery - slightly different to the 'old' ones on the -200 777s and the 77G.
Ryanfozzie likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 7:09 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
The 77Ms are equipped with the 'old' F Suite. They simply removed 6 of them when they reconfigured the aircraft. The only aircraft with the 'new' F Suites with doors are the 77H (-300 Club Suites) and the 781. The 789 also features an updated suite since delivery - slightly different to the 'old' ones on the -200 777s and the 77G.
The 781's don't have the doors in F

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.