Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Avios to be earned have reduced since booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avios to be earned have reduced since booking

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2023, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by SonicStar817
I think you both need to read what the OP is asking. They aren't referring to the Calculator, but the Avios amount quoted during the booking process (note the title says dummy booking).

Saying that, I have noticed some time ago that the website was quoting the wrong Avios amounts again. The app seems to quote the correct figures.
Well, if that's what the OP is asking then yes the avios and TPs quoted while booking and the avios and TPs quoted after booking in MMB are often incorrect and it has been that way for some time. The advice given in this forum is that people should use the calculator at ba.com to reliably determine the avios and TPs to be earned for a trip and not rely upon the amounts given when booking or in MMB. Sometimes the amounts provided are correct, sometimes not so correct, maybe with all the IT problems BA has had this week the not so correct has become more common.
Old May 27, 2023, 12:24 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by testycal
I could not locate the IT glitch threat so my apologies.

An economy fare as Silver nets around 5500 avios while logged onto my account
TLV LHR SEA YVR and YVR LHR TLV

that cannot be correct as it should be around 11000?

I have noticed this for at least 2 months now...have I missed the office memo?
We’ve had other reports of the same (silver, fewer Avios in MMB than the expected amount), so I’ve consolidated the threads.
Old May 27, 2023, 2:00 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I booked a flight recently and was told when the question about using avios to reduce the price came up that I'd be earning 236 avios rather than the 1500 or so I'd have expected.

I was wondering if this was an artefact to the change to revenue based earning Iberia pre-announced for BA last year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.