Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

SeatSpy and BA not showing some availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2023, 4:59 am
Suspended
Original Poster

When looking at seat spy for reward seats on BA. There are some business seats which are showing up when I search for specific dates. These do not show up on the BA calendar of available dates. Nor do they show up in the SeatSpy availability. This is not when using a new style 241.

Has anyone else found this?
Old Feb 22, 2023, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
This is one very confusing paragraph!

There are some business seats which are showing up when I search for specific dates. These do not show up on the BA calendar of available dates. Nor do they show up in the SeatSpy availability
So where do they show up ?
RichieMc and simonsmith like this.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 5:15 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Using the BA website, I searched for reward flight availability for the whole year. This was done by using the 'Reward Flight Finder'. For the month of June, the results showed no availability.
However, when using the 'Search and book function' for a specific date in June, it showed that there was availability.

Equally, when using the SeatSpy website and searching for that same route, for the month of June, it shows no availability. This is the same result as the 'Reward Flight Finder' function on the BA website.

Hope that helps.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes - the only reliable (totally "live") source for finding availability is going day by day, entering particular from and to airports and choosing dates. You can then "Find availability with British Airways on other dates" which also tends to be accurate.

Other methods not synced to total live availability
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 6:48 am

I've been finding SeatSpy to be pretty unreliable recently and not in sync with what BA is showing, even days later
Old Feb 23, 2023, 1:51 am

Programs: One World, Flying Blue, BA GGL
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Yes - the only reliable (totally "live") source for finding availability is going day by day, entering particular from and to airports and choosing dates. You can then "Find availability with British Airways on other dates" which also tends to be accurate.

Other methods not synced to total live availability
As above & you are not going to see the additional seats made available with a BA AMEX Premium 241 voucher on SeatSpy or RewardFlight finder hence why you have to search using the method above after choosing to use your 241 which makes additional seats available
Old Feb 23, 2023, 3:28 am

Have always wondered about how the business model for these sites is slightly flawed.
It just takes BA to pull the plug or serve rubbish data via the API, or change its structure and users lose trust.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 8:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Originally Posted by cosmo74
I've been finding SeatSpy to be pretty unreliable recently and not in sync with what BA is showing, even days later
I too have been seeing that Seatspy is getting very unreliable. Ok for a beta but I’m shelling out hard currency for this!
Old Mar 16, 2023, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by srbrenna
I too have been seeing that Seatspy is getting very unreliable. Ok for a beta but I’m shelling out hard currency for this!
Are they over stating flights or under? I am also hoping something comes up in the next few weeks

Is there any other way of checking other than logging onto BA?

Thanks
Old Apr 9, 2024, 7:46 am

Programs: BA Silver, for now at least...
Anyone got any recent thoughts on SeatSpy accuracy of late? I have been paying my £2.99 for over a year now, and treated the data presented as gospel. However I have had a couple of incidents recently whereby I have had dates where SS was showing nothing in any class on a particular route (LHR-LAX), but direct checks on BA.com have showed availability in various classes - and these seats have been genuinely bookable. This isnt a timing thing, as I have checked SS for a number of days either side with no change. This seems to be different to the old, more common issue whereby SS shows old/phantom availability.

Will email SS for a response, but interested in other thoughts. Can we properly rely on it?
Old Apr 9, 2024, 9:46 am

Programs: Skywards, British Airways Executive Club
I have been a long term user of SeatSpy with good success. However I have very recently been looking for First class availability to Dallas DFW, SS was showing availability on the 11th & 18th March 2025, however this was not replicated on BA’s site. A day by day search on BA and I found availability for the 19th March, this was not shown on SS…..Disappointing!
Old Apr 9, 2024, 9:53 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
Originally Posted by Professor Yaffle
Anyone got any recent thoughts on SeatSpy accuracy of late? I have been paying my £2.99 for over a year now, and treated the data presented as gospel. However I have had a couple of incidents recently whereby I have had dates where SS was showing nothing in any class on a particular route (LHR-LAX), but direct checks on BA.com have showed availability in various classes - and these seats have been genuinely bookable. This isnt a timing thing, as I have checked SS for a number of days either side with no change. This seems to be different to the old, more common issue whereby SS shows old/phantom availability.

Will email SS for a response, but interested in other thoughts. Can we properly rely on it?
Interesting that you have flagged this, I have been looking at SS over the last couple of weeks ahead of a flight and thought there were issues.

It was working for me all OK up until maybe a month or so ago and now seems to have frozen. As an example for the past 2 weeks there has been F availability on SS to LAX on the 3rd & 4th of May. A quick search on BA and this shows as being incorrect. Have a feeling their API feed may have paused/broken

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.