Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Someone obtained my boarding pass and got on my flight

Someone obtained my boarding pass and got on my flight

Old Feb 13, 2023, 1:25 pm

ARE WE

Not over this yet !
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Right, did we get to the final answer on this?
The glue has been processed!
Old Feb 14, 2023, 3:53 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by Sigwx
Whilst for obvious reasons security won't be spoken about, what I can say is in these scenarios there are certain things that are done as opposed to blas acceptance of the outcome. Their lack of mention here does not mean their lack of occurrence.
Whilst I agree with you in the broad sense (and in this case there may be various NDAs and company policies involved), security by obfuscation isn't always the best approach.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by LondonAussie
I then noticed several other boarding passes scattered across the desk.
Before mobile phone apps, you would check in by phone, I remember running for a flight once and having to collect my BP from the desk at Gatwick, as I had already checked in, they had already printed my BP otherwise I'd have been too late. That was a bit of a run through the airport!
Old Feb 14, 2023, 11:10 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Hmm after reading this thread and thinking this cant happen, the first step did happen this week to me at MLA airport. I was dropping off the hire car so Mrs TT1F checked in both of our bags and then went through to departures. I scanned my mobile BP at the gate that leads through to departures and got Duplicate Pass error. Seems that the checkin desk gave my wife one BP but it was in my name, not hers. She went through the scan which meant I was stuck. Luckily she hadnt tried to go through passports but she had already made it to the lounge..

So, its more than possible for the checkin desk to issue the wrong BP without a double check. at least we were on the same booking
Old Feb 27, 2023, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
The Response from Customer Relations

I received a response from BA this morning. As expected the email was a cut and paste and addressed none of the issues I mentioned concerning the security failure and GDPR breach. I submitted photos of both boarding passes and asked for the incident at Schiphol and the breach of GDPR to be investigated. I didn't ask for any Avios but I had an inkling they might just give me some to wash this away. Which is exactly what they did. 10K Avios posted as Service Recovery. Usual cut & paste:

​​​​​​Were very sorry you had some problems on your flight from Amsterdam. We know this isnt what you expect when you travel with us, so we understand why you needed to let us know about this. I can assure you that your feedback has made a difference and that were using your comments to help us focus on how to improve our service.

I'm quite sure no investigations were conducted. Not sure if I can be bothered to have this properly investigated. Quite disappointed to be honest.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 7:44 am

Programs: BAEC
You might get more mileage reporting this to BA Data Protection asking for an investigation how your personal data appeared to be compromised.

[email protected]

from https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...privacy-policy
If you wish to receive a copy of any other information we hold on you, we recommend that you make a request in writing and include the following information with your request:
Your name and postal address
Details of your request

We need corroborating information to establish your identity this could be: a photocopy of your passport or driving licence.
your signature and the date of the request
if you are applying on behalf of another person then signed authority from the individual is required

Any details which may help us locate the information which is the subject of your request, for example:

Booking reference or flight numbers and dates
Executive Club number
Telephone recording details (identifier number, the number you call from, the number and option you dialled, the date and time of your call(s)).

You may also send your request to: [email protected]

The address for a written request is:

Data Protection Officer
British Airways Plc
Waterside (HCB3)
PO Box 365
Harmonsworth UB7 0GB
England
Strawb, orbitmic, KARFA and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Strawb
I received a response from BA this morning. As expected the email was a cut and paste and addressed none of the issues I mentioned concerning the security failure and GDPR breach. I submitted photos of both boarding passes and asked for the incident at Schiphol and the breach of GDPR to be investigated. I didn't ask for any Avios but I had an inkling they might just give me some to wash this away. Which is exactly what they did. 10K Avios posted as Service Recovery. Usual cut & paste:

​​​​​I'm quite sure no investigations were conducted. Not sure if I can be bothered to have this properly investigated. Quite disappointed to be honest.
Then customer relations will be very happy that 10k made up sky points costing zero pounds effectively made this disappear for them.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 12:13 pm

OT experience

I was once misconnected from AF flight to AY at CDG. AF promised to sort it out so I went to AY check in the next morning and I was given a boarding pass. I noticed that the surname was correct but first name wasnt mine. The check-in staff said it would be fine as I was the only nordic on that flight. After insisting they found out that AF hasnt touched my booking and there was another passenger with the same surnamee. They asked me to go immediately to AF ticket office which finally sorted it out and I had to run back to C/I then through customs and finally managed to board as they were clowing the flight. Joys of code-sharing.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by plunet
You might get more mileage reporting this to BA Data Protection asking for an investigation how your personal data appeared to be compromised.

[email protected]

from https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...privacy-policy
I can smell the month old festering horse carcass from the other side of London, but people are still approaching it with chunks of wood...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.