Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Staff don't clean aircraft washrooms?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2023, 3:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Ambassador
Maybe upon exit the facilities should be checked by the next in line in the queue (or CC if no queue) and if found wanting, the miscreant is recalled and handed the cleaning equipment to correct the situation.
shefgab and downinit like this.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by chriswiles
I did not. I'd been asleep, woke up, forgot, as I was wearing boots, simply went to refresh. It happens. Hardly 'disgusting' but I appreciate your stark reply. Who brings slippers?! Shouldn't have to get your boots back on to go to the loo.
I bring slippers. If not provided by BA, I always take the sealed pair provided by my hotel. For journeys from home, I have lightweight, wrapped slippers which I pop in my hand luggage. Top tip! 😑 I do agree that the floors should be clean but better to be safe than sorry.
nk15 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by AnaTravel
I bring slippers. If not provided by BA, I always take the sealed pair provided by my hotel. For journeys from home, I have lightweight, wrapped slippers which I pop in my hand luggage. Top tip! 😑 I do agree that the floors should be clean but better to be safe than sorry.
Me too, I always bring disposable ones for hotels and planes that do not provide them. I buy bulk on Amazon, less than $1 a pair.

Amazon.com: ELCOHO 30 Pairs Disposable Slippers Closed Toe Slippers White Slippers Spa Hotel Guest Slippers for Men Women Home, Travel Use : Beauty & Personal Care Amazon.com: ELCOHO 30 Pairs Disposable Slippers Closed Toe Slippers White Slippers Spa Hotel Guest Slippers for Men Women Home, Travel Use : Beauty & Personal Care

Amazon.com: Juvale 24 Pairs Disposable House Slippers for Guests, Bulk Pack for Hotel, Spa , Shoeless Home, White Closed Toe (US Men Size 10, Women 11) : Beauty & Personal Care Amazon.com: Juvale 24 Pairs Disposable House Slippers for Guests, Bulk Pack for Hotel, Spa , Shoeless Home, White Closed Toe (US Men Size 10, Women 11) : Beauty & Personal Care
Old Feb 6, 2023, 7:28 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, BA GGL/CCR,/GFL, A3 Gold, JBU Mosaic, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond
lHellooo! This is BA not SQ
To be fair, the filthiest F and J restrooms Ive e countered them on AF and DL, respectively
And occasionally BA cc sort of fixed restrooms, especially if there was a big mess
Old Feb 6, 2023, 7:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes AF long haul lavs were far from the cleanest however they were useable. Anyway...being a hiker/biker for many years in various parts of the world I still see a toilet as a luxury no matter what state it's in.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 7:50 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by downinit
Pretty sure some nitrile gloves and proper application of hand soap would be more than adequate (and probably more than many restaurant workers use). I totally understand not wanting to be inflight janitors, but there are plenty of ways they could make it work. Mops with disposable heads than can be changed without touching the head would be one obvious solution, and having one on-board a wide-body plane would probably not be overly onerous on the airline. I wouldn't expect regular cleanings, but taking a restroom out of service less than halfway through a 14+ hour flight is problematic, as well. Especially since every cabin redesign seems to find new and exciting ways of reducing the number of restrooms onboard while increasing the seating capacity, especially in Y.
Wouldn't a swiffer wet work as mop with disposable pad?
Old Feb 6, 2023, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Yes AF long haul lavs were far from the cleanest however they were useable. Anyway...being a hiker/biker for many years in various parts of the world I still see a toilet as a luxury no matter what state it's in.
I don't know about that...I have seen semi-outdoor toilets that were literally never cleaned, doodoo piled high, swarmed by flies, where you start gagging from 50 meters (150 feet) away, lol...
Old Feb 6, 2023, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by Tack
Last thought, but no way can any experience in J on QR be equated to other OW carriers. QR is the standard. All others we endure.
I'm not defending the appalling state of almost all things BA, but if you were aware of the slave economy that is behind "the standard" you might think differently. There is a reason Qatar Airways is nicknamed "Guantanamo".
LETTERBOY and Bearface like this.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 10:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE

i have the bladder of a camel and the stomach of cast-iron, yet since men have never aimed to please I expect no better.
I have consulted a reliable source: "Though it can expand a bit, the camel's bladder is relatively small for an animal that can easily drink a few dozen gallons of water in one sitting."

I'm trying to figure out whether this would be a plus or a minus in the lavatory of an A319
Old Feb 7, 2023, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by AnaTravel
I worry that those hotel slippers don't have waterproof soles. I take plastic birkenstocks and change into those once I arrive at the airport. Great for mouldy shower enclosures too (looking at you, LHR lounge).
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The hotel slippers you have to be careful with in very wet and slippery bathrooms, usually not in hotels, but for regular use in a house (like an Airbnb) they can be a hazard. Sometimes depending if you travel light there is no room for non-disposable flip flops, and even if I have them with me I don't want to dirty them on the aircraft, lol, so I only wear disposable onboard.
AnaTravel likes this.

Last edited by nk15; Feb 7, 2023 at 10:30 am
Old Feb 7, 2023, 7:57 am

Perhaps it could be an accident. They are supposed to have a established protocol/procedure to follow wen getting the airplane ready for the next trip.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 8:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Star Alliance Silver
Sorry but why cant the BA CC keep the bathrooms clean? Especially in the premium cabins...

The staff at Singapore, JAL and Qatar don't seem to think it's beneath them? I also notice that the toilets are dirtier and dustier on BA flights!
Old Feb 7, 2023, 8:59 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by WingsAroundtheWorld
Sorry but why cant the BA CC keep the bathrooms clean? Especially in the premium cabins...

The staff at Singapore, JAL and Qatar don't seem to think it's beneath them? I also notice that the toilets are dirtier and dustier on BA flights!
No one has answered this highly important question yet. Lots of general blah-blah but none on the specific question on why other airlines in the western have the CC attend to the lavs but not BA CC. It's a mystery....
Old Feb 7, 2023, 9:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by WingsAroundtheWorld

And Is there perhaps something of an irony in the fact that Qatar (whose washrooms tend to be kept very clean and tidy) hand out slippers to pax in J class ; whereas BA (whose washrooms tend to be rather less clean) do not ….. ?
AnaTravel likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.