Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

any issue with "BA" same day flight change to "BA EUROFLYER FOR BRITISH AIRWAYS"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

any issue with "BA" same day flight change to "BA EUROFLYER FOR BRITISH AIRWAYS"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2023, 8:39 am
Original Poster

I have a FAO-LGW flight with BA later this month, i am looking to take the earlier flight which is operated by BA EUROFLYER FOR BRITISH AIRWAYS (and not BA) using the free change flight option.
Ive booked Economy Plus on the BA flight, but wondering can i do the same day change from BA to BA EUROFLYER FOR BRITISH AIRWAYS?
Anybody done this ?
Old Feb 3, 2023, 8:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, Cartafreccia Oro
I’ve not done it but it’ll be allowed. The ‘for British Airways’ bit means that it’s considered a normal BA flight for all intents and purposes. A bit like when Finnair and Iberia were operating some BA flights last year.

I’ve had the occasional trouble with BA operated flights where it was trying to charge me for making the same day change. So if it doesn’t work online put it down to BA dodgy IT rather than not being allowed.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 10:12 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Would you be trying to swap airports between LHR and LGW? I don't think you can do that with SDC. For example, you can't move between LCY and LHR for common routes with SDC.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 10:51 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by KARFA
Would you be trying to swap airports between LHR and LGW? I don't think you can do that with SDC. For example, you can't move between LCY and LHR for common routes with SDC.
I took the question as saying that the existing flight was to LGW - I don't think BA EuroFlyer has totally taken over short haul at LGW yet so there will be cases like this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SaveECRewards
I’ve not done it but it’ll be allowed. The ‘for British Airways’ bit means that it’s considered a normal BA flight for all intents and purposes. A bit like when Finnair and Iberia were operating some BA flights last year.

I’ve had the occasional trouble with BA operated flights where it was trying to charge me for making the same day change. So if it doesn’t work online put it down to BA dodgy IT rather than not being allowed.
I hope the dodgy IT works - i usually swap at midnight for best chances of swapping.

No just LGW..
When go you buy the flights from BA.COM the BA flights are Economy Plus whilst the BA Euroxxx are Economy (checked baggage).

Both have the same wording around ticket changes thou
Changes to your ticket: Time/date changes permitted at any time before each flight departure for a change fee of €50 or an upgrade fee of €50 plus any difference in fare. Free changes on the day of departure provided changes are for same date/cabin/route/airport. Changes subject to availability. Fees apply per ticket.

Guess ill find out soon enough?!
itsdan02 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 10:58 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Sorry, I am not clear then why you would be going between BA and BA EUROFLYER if you are staying at LGW? As far as I am aware all LGW is Euroflyer - apart from long haul and the GLA shuttle.

You should be able to SDC if staying at LGW and just moving between flights.
AirbusA350 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Same airport: no issue.

change of airport: not possible.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 11:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Sorry, I am not clear then why you would be going between BA and BA EUROFLYER if you are staying at LGW? As far as I am aware all LGW is Euroflyer - apart from long haul and the GLA shuttle.

I think Euroflyer only have one aircraft (an A320) on their AOC so far, last week I flew LGW-FAO on it. But my A319 back on Monday is plane old British Airways.

edit: they have four https://www.planespotters.net/airline/BA-Euroflyer
KARFA and babyg_wc like this.

Last edited by BahrainLad; Feb 3, 2023 at 11:17 am
Old Feb 3, 2023, 11:23 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
As of today BA Euroflyer now have 6 aircraft on their AOC. 13 more will transfer in the next few weeks.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Currently there is a mixture of BA and BA EUROFLYER in and out of LGW, by the sounds of this thread i should be able to change from BA to BA-EFlyer assuming same airport...
Old Feb 3, 2023, 4:04 pm

Not all at LGW is currently Euroflyer operated even if it’s sold by them, some is officially still BA Mainline as it hasn’t all switched over yet. The naming is a legal thing around disclosure (an interesting slip up from our resident lawyer here ) and is driven by the AOC under which the aircraft and flight are operated. I think I’m right in saying that once pilots have undergone their official conversion then they’re no longer allowed to fly non-BAEF aircraft.

SDC should definitely be valid but I have half a suspicion it might fail in reality, because I bet the ba.com team haven’t thought to enable it. I guess OP can be the guinea pig. If so and in the worst case it’ll involve a call and a manual workaround for a few weeks until it gets fixed.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Guinea Pig here...

Well its about 1/2 past midnight, whilst the first screen looking promising.. it all went custard vs MMB

What changes can I make to this flight?

On the day of departure - You can change to another eligible flight on the same day for free.
2nd screen not so good

How much will it cost to change this flight?

• A change fee of €50 will be charged per person to change this flight.
  • You may be charged an additional fare per person, per flight.
and then final screen the quote is about 1300euro to change both pax.....

Currently on line with the USA call centre (rang midnight UK time) - they seem to be able to do this...
update: took about 15mins (plus 10min to get through)
Old Feb 17, 2023, 1:15 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Again there is no issue with what you want to do but as you know from other sdc threads, technical hiccups are frequent. Some are easily explainable (make sure it’s midnight in the departure time zone, changed tickets often fail as do tickets booked as basic one way and plus the other etc), others remain mysterious even by FT’s not inconsiderable experience but that usually gets sorted over the phone as was the case for you. In short your hiccup has almost certainly nothing to do with the euro flyer but.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 5:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Again there is no issue with what you want to do but as you know from other sdc threads, technical hiccups are frequent. Some are easily explainable (make sure it’s midnight in the departure time zone, changed tickets often fail as do tickets booked as basic one way and plus the other etc), others remain mysterious even by FT’s not inconsiderable experience but that usually gets sorted over the phone as was the case for you. In short your hiccup has almost certainly nothing to do with the euro flyer but.
Yes, this is very annoying. I've just wasted 40 minutes doing a same day change over the phone (20 mins hold, 20 mins for the agent to process it) which should have been possible online only a POUG on the outbound and messed things up. What I don't get is that the website could 'see' that the change ought to be free and offers a price of "Free" in the flight choices page, but then errors out when you try to continue. Seems like it should be an easy fix really (but then my account is today once again showing 'no bookings' which has been an intermittent problem for months / years? That should also be an easy fix, and the agent told me today that BA is well aware of this problem).
Old Feb 17, 2023, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by volar
(but then my account is today once again showing 'no bookings' which has been an intermittent problem for months / years?
many years… possibly ever since there has been a Ba website and ability to create a profile…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.