Champagne in Club lounge

Old Jan 24, 23, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Champagne in Club lounge

There are rumours champagne is returning in stealth to T5’s club lounge. What are people’s experiences seeing or asking for it?

I haven’t had luck.
Old Jan 24, 23, 8:08 am

Programs: BAEC
I often ask and have never been refused.
Old Jan 24, 23, 8:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
It has been available for a very long time without being shown. You have to corner the many overworked table clearers. I found it less of a hassle to go to the servers entrance and stand and knock on the door.

Covid and beyond had it out for self-pour, this is not the default state previously. Some lounges, like Gatwick does have, and some outstations (those which have it, I've seen that at Vancouver, but not Philly). But I believe last autumn went back in. You might also have better luck with the T5B lounge (and the underpass to walk back to A, if you need to, the transit does not go back), where the staff are considerably less overworked.

There was a time when there was sparkling white out in the self pour as well. I didn't see this, but it's probably still fine to go and ask for Champagne from the servers if that is true.
Old Jan 24, 23, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Not sure it had gone ? Was in B last month on way to US and Champagne was available by asking a server...
Old Jan 24, 23, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

There was some for self service in the b lounge last Saturday

Regards

Tbs
Old Jan 24, 23, 9:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by nathanliu View Post
There are rumours champagne is returning in stealth to T5’s club lounge. What are people’s experiences seeing or asking for it?

I haven’t had luck.
I used to ask for it all the time, always received it. I got to asking for two glasses at once, to save the harried staff from having to go back and forth (and saving me waiting for another!)

As others have mentioned, it's been on request for years and never had an issue getting any. I had some on every visit, because why not.
Grande Annee likes this.
Old Jan 24, 23, 11:58 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Red, IHG Platinum
In Manchester yesterday there was a little sign behind the two bottles of self-pour prosecco (one white, one rosé) saying "Champagne available on request".
Easy enough if you notice that or know anyway, but just enough of a deterrent to save a few pennies.
Old Jan 24, 23, 1:04 pm

Programs: Lowly blue, sometimes Bronze
I asked a got it at t5 on Sunday.

Search this Thread