French ATC strike Thursday 19 January 2023

Old Jan 17, 2023, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver

NM received confirmation ATC industrial action in France between 1700 UTC on the 18th of January until 0600 UTC on the 20th of January.

Minimum service will be ensured in 5 ACCs and in the airports identified in the decree.

Ref NOTAM F0072/23

A conference will be held on 17th of January, full details under protected NOP.

NM will publish mitigation plan and summary of the teleconference when available.

NMOC Brussels
Old Jan 17, 2023, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Notam:

F0072/23 NOTAMN Q) LFXX/QAFXX/IV/NBO/E /000/999/4412N00040E460 A) LFBB LFFF LFEE LFMM LFRR B) 2301181700 C) 2301200600 E) DUE TO AN INTER-PROFESSIONAL SOCIAL MOVEMENT AFFECTING ALL AREAS OF ACTIVITY, MAJOR DISRUPTIONS ARE EXPECTED IN ALL DSNA ATC CENTERS (ACCS, APP, TOWER) IN FRANCE AND OVERSEAS DEPARTMENTS. A MINIMUM SERVICE WILL BE ENSURED IN 5 ACCS AND IN THE AIRPORTS IDENTIFIED IN THE DECREE NUMBER 85-1332 MODIFIED OF DECEMBER 17, 1985. ACTUAL ATC CAPACITY WILL BE DETERMINED ACCORDING TO AVAILABLE STAFF. RMK 1: AIRLINE OPERATORS ARE REQUIRED TO REDUCE THEIR FLIGHT SCHEDULE AT PARIS-ORLY AIRPORT (LFPO) FOR THE DAY OF JANUARY 19, 2023 FROM 5:00 A.M. TO 10:30 P.M BY 20 PERCENT OF MOVEMENTS INITIALLY SCHEDULED. PROPOSALS FOR MODIFIED FLIGHT SCHEDULES FOR THE DAY OF THURSDAY 19 JANUARY MUST BE SENT BEFORE WEDNESDAY 18 JANUARY 09H00 UTC TO DGAC/DTA BY EMAIL TO: DTA-PROGRAMMES-CRISES-BF(AT)AVIATION-CIVILE.GOUV.FR RMK 2: TERRITORIAL CONTINUITY FLIGHTS ARE NOT CONCERNED BY THIS REQUEST. RMK 3: AIRCRAFT OPERATORS MUST SYSTEMATICALLY CANCEL ALL PLN, RPL OR FPL FOR THE FLIGHTS NOT PERFORMED. RMK 4: INFORMATION ON THE REAL-TIME SITUATION AND CLOSURES OF ATS SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THE FOLLOWING INTERNET WEBSITE: HTTPS://CDM.DSNA.FR CONSULT THE LIST OF AIRPORTS UNDER DSNA RESPONSIBILITY AND THOSE BENEFITING FROM THE MINIMUM SERVICE IN THE CRISIS MESSAGES TAB RMK 5: ADDITIONAL NOTAM WILL BE SENT IF NEEDED DEPENDING ON THE EVOLUTION OF THE SITUATION
Old Jan 17, 2023, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Oh joy … takes me back to my days at LATCC (London Air Traffic Control Centre) in the 70s.

However, it shows UK doesn’t have a monopoly on disruption! 😀

Last edited by T8191; Jan 17, 2023 at 12:24 pm Reason: Abbreviation expanded for the uninitiated!
Old Jan 17, 2023, 8:22 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by T8191
Oh joy … takes me back to my days at LATCC in the 70s.

However, it shows UK doesn’t have a monopoly on disruption! 😀
Forgive me UncleT but what is LATCC? I googled it but it came back with Los Angeles Technical Trade College!

Secondly, going back on topic Heathrow Tower (or ATC Staff, Pilot Staffers, KARFA etc) what does all that mean in lay person speak? (Sorry, I just don't get all those acronyms as much as i try to understand!)

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 17, 2023, 8:32 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I was afraid that this might happen. France
is preparing for a general strike over Pension Reforms.

If this continues the next week on 26 it will be
for 48 hours and a week later for 96 hours unless the Government backs down. I would not be surprised if this affects Control Towers at airports. These are not confirmed as yet in any detail but 19th will happen in all probability. Sorry to bring glum tidings.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 8:33 am
Original Poster

The former London Air Traffic Control Centre at West Drayton, near LHR.

https://atchistory.wordpress.com/202...2-and-stage-1/

Basically, there's a minimum service at the major airports, but they need to wait to see how many turn up/go on strike until impact can be judged.
PETER01 and T8191 like this.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 8:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Thanks very much Heathrow Tower, appreciated
Old Jan 17, 2023, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
How, if at all, could this impact on flights that do not traverse France, e.g LHR to NL, Germany, Austria?
becks1 and TedToToe like this.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 11:08 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur
How, if at all, could this impact on flights that do not traverse France, e.g LHR to NL, Germany, Austria?
The airspace around France will become more congested than usual because of aircraft needing to avoid the French airspace, and there are limits on how many can divert around. There's usually been a lovely line of aircraft doing the tango through the Bay of Biscay on previous ATC strike days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.