Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looks like We Not BA are in the media

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2023, 2:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
What was the reference to Sofia in the article? I don't like giving Rupert Murdoch my money.....
Old Jan 16, 2023, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by OftenLost99
What was the reference to Sofia in the article? I don't like giving Rupert Murdoch my money.....
No-one does: https://archive.ph/uF8tW
Old Jan 16, 2023, 3:45 am

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
you could probably have moved that segment to another time- happened to me last year
Ooohh, I have never thought about that. For this time, I was planning to skip the flight as it originally required an overnight stay at LHR, but eventually offered the option to end the trip at LHR, which I accepted. The previous time was a bit annoying as I also booked a BUD-LHR Club flight with avios but had to waste it. I explained the situation to BA and they agreed to the refund, but they changed their mind and the 15K or so was forfeited.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 4:00 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by PETER01
I've been here 15 years and never heard of such groups, not even a rumour. (but maybe I've been excluded! )
They do exist. I was talking to somebody a couple of years back that's part of a group. Some of the things he was telling me were mind boggling! They hate it something they've found hits the blogs or FT

I'd have been all over it a few years back... but TP running just doesn't appeal anymore.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 5:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
I'm working up to GGL this year, having annoyed myself by realising too late that I could have achieved it last year on the reduced points.

I've got 1300 TP left to book and I'm running at Ł2.37 / TP. That includes hotels where the booking is a BAH double TP trip but not where it's a TP run. My logic being that the hotel has to be included for the double TP but I could, in theory, sleep on a park bench for the TP runs.
TedToToe likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by fluffymitten
I'm working up to GGL this year, having annoyed myself by realising too late that I could have achieved it last year on the reduced points.

I've got 1300 TP left to book and I'm running at Ł2.37 / TP. That includes hotels where the booking is a BAH double TP trip but not where it's a TP run. My logic being that the hotel has to be included for the double TP but I could, in theory, sleep on a park bench for the TP runs.
Nesting flights, possibly Sofia, saves the need for hotels. Fly in Saturday and out the following Sunday, with a five day car booking to get the double TP. Book a separate ticket Sofia - LON - Sofia for Sat-Sun so you immediately fly back on the Saturday and, the following weekend, immediately fly home. Don't collect the car.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 5:45 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by fluffymitten

This may help

My Journey to GGL
alex67500 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 5:48 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
They do exist. I was talking to somebody a couple of years back that's part of a group. Some of the things he was telling me were mind boggling! They hate it something they've found hits the blogs or FT

I'd have been all over it a few years back... but TP running just doesn't appeal anymore.
Was this me, by any chance?

But yes, it's the same reason all MS chat went private. Anything remotely valuable that went into public forums was immediately broadcast by blogs and shut down.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 5:52 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Wozza2404

But yes, it's the same reason all MS chat went private. Anything remotely valuable that went into public forums was immediately broadcast by blogs and shut down.
Seeing as you two have a tall Artois-regular drinking friend, it wouldnt surprise me!

M
DYKWIA and Wozza2404 like this.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 6:33 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Wozza2404

Indeed it was
Wozza2404 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by AnaTravel
😀 I couldn't begin to count the number of MPs and MSPs I've seen in airport lounges over the years.
Do BA still automatically give all MPs a free silver card, or has this perk gone now?
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Confus
Do BA still automatically give all MPs a free silver card, or has this perk gone now?
It was a thing. 😑 Flyertalk covered this almost two decades ago:

​​​​​​'Airlines give MPs free flights deal' shock horror!

I doubt the automatic silver status still exists. Someone will tell us if it does. 😑
HIDDY likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 3:21 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I really enjoy flying. I've been fortunate to have roles that enable me to visit places for work. I do mileage runs when I'm away on business (maybe a weekend trip from one of the more dreary places I end up weekend-ing at for work). It is almost a hobby. I enjoy seeing new airports and flying unusual routes and airlines. Since loading my stuff on IG I realise there are thousands just like us, but many do not have the wherewithal or the opportunity to enjoy aviation in the way we are privileged to, but love conversations about airlines, airports, places and markets. For me the status on airlines is a real bonus.
I view it as one less seat for the airline to fill.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.