Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Connecting Separate Cash and Avios Bookings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2023, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, FB Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Just Eat Platinum For Life

Hello all,

I'm pretty sure the answer is yes if I call the Gold line, but can the wise owls please confirm whether I can connect a one way Avios booking in my name with a one way cash booking in my other half's name.

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 12, 2023, 1:28 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Unfortunately not. You can link the bookings if you want to but its just a note really. However, as golfmad states you can call to TCP (to complete party) but you must both be in the same cabin.

Pete

Last edited by PETER01; Jan 12, 2023 at 1:34 pm Reason: Making my post clearer
Old Jan 12, 2023, 1:29 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Assuming both tickets are for the same flight and your Gold then yes. You can call for a TCP request which will enable you to do things like reserve a seat for your partner. I believe you have to be in the same cabin for that.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 1:29 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
What exactly do you mean by connect?

You can't combine revenue and redemption tickets, they are totally different constructions which won't merge any more easily than an apple with a pear. But you can add a manual note to the PNR to reference the other booking. It's unlikely to be read by anyone so I'm not sure I would bother, but it seems to comfort some travellers. If you mean get seat reservations, then there is the TCP process which is the PNR note and some special seat shuffling offline.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all.

M'lady is a mere blue so it would be to ensure we're together in the cabin, etc. TCP is the way to go it seems then?
Old Jan 12, 2023, 1:41 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes. Get the gold card holder in a suitable seat with an empty place available, then call the Gold line number and ask to TCP your partner's seating. It's helpful if you are both together so can swap phones for GDPR purposes. Or she makes you the named nominee on her account.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 1:42 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by jayjaygee
Thanks all.

M'lady is a mere blue so it would be to ensure we're together in the cabin, etc. TCP is the way to go it seems then?
Yes. That should work fine.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Appreciated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.