BA Boarding Music

Old Jan 19, 2024, 7:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by golfmad
I feel nostalgic towards it. I can remember many late Friday evenings in the 90s when heading to Scotland from London. I'd board and fall asleep to it before we moved.
You know... it's not strong enough to be nostalgic for me, but I swear this was the music on my first couple of BA flights and I never heard it again. The timing is about right, and it does absolutely ring a bell.

Nice to know what it was.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold
O/T but many years ago I did several flights on Ethiopian Airlines. They had some non descript boarding music. Until I realised it was an instrumental of Scarborough Fair... It then became a form of torture with the endless loop of the lyrics in my head...
Old May 22, 2024, 1:10 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I realised that BA no longer play their boarding music on their flights AFAIK. Anyone else notice this?
Old May 22, 2024, 1:37 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
I realised that BA no longer play their boarding music on their flights AFAIK. Anyone else notice this?
They do on some. My flight to Copenhagen last week did.
Old May 22, 2024, 4:10 am

Programs: BA Gold4life, ICH RA, Hyatt Gold and others
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
I noticed this on a flight a short while back, and found myself whistling along to Serenade for Strings in E Major. Until the IFL jokingly said she had had over 90 minutes of that tune over the course of the day and had chosen NOT to play it again on this segment.

I understand why!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.