FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Flying to India (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2107143-flying-india.html)

scubadave Jan 8, 2023 4:03 am

Flying to India

Hello , we are planning a trip in March and if I read in the travel requirements than some passengers are randomly picked out to undergo a Covid Test.
Do some of you have experience with this. We are both vaccinated with boosters but you never know.

golfmad Jan 8, 2023 4:13 am

It looks like the policy has only been in effect for the last week or two. Sounds like a random selection of 2%. It's not clear whether that's 2% per flight or some other sampling method. You may have more success posting this in a forum related to India. Given the recent implementation, a subset of BA fliers traveling to India and the 2% subset of that, I doubt you will receive many responses here with any direct experience.

AirbusA350 Jan 8, 2023 4:39 am

Originally Posted by scubadave (Post 34903958)
Hello , we are planning a trip in March and if I read in the travel requirements than some passengers are randomly picked out to undergo a Covid Test.
Do some of you have experience with this. We are both vaccinated with boosters but you never know.

I don’t believe in real practice even 2% were ever tested, likely much less. Additionally, even if you are selected, you won’t be subject to quarantine and you leave and are free to do whatever you please after the test has been taken. So honestly I wouldn’t be worried about this at all.

mrdisco Jan 8, 2023 4:47 am

Just to hijack this thread somewhat, what service is provided in the day flights ex BOM/DEL to LHR in CW? Is it lunch followed by afternoon tea?

Can I help you Jan 8, 2023 5:06 am

It’s all two hot meals on Indian flights, either lunch and hot snack or dinner and hot breakfast.

Weary Nomad Jan 8, 2023 5:17 am

Originally Posted by scubadave (Post 34903958)

On a trip to India last November, we got randomly picked after getting of the aircraft and while heading towards immigration (or rather my son got picked and then when I went over to find out what was going on, I got selected as well). We tried to argue the need as we were fully boosted but they kept referring to the health declaration form where it said we had to provide a sample if stopped. We had to pay Rs500 for the test (about £5 and credit card accepted), provided our details and had a quick swab of one nostril. Got an email with the receipt and the next day had the test results by email. Despite being boosted and having had covid a month before travelling out, it was a bit tense until the negative result turned up. My recommendation is if you see people in white coats ... walk very briskly and on the far side of the corridor.

CharlotteC Jan 8, 2023 2:28 pm

Off to Bombay in mid March so guess will find out myself

CharlotteC Jan 8, 2023 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by AirbusA350 (Post 34903996)
I don’t believe in real practice even 2% were ever tested, likely much less. Additionally, even if you are selected, you won’t be subject to quarantine and you leave and are free to do whatever you please after the test has been taken. So honestly I wouldn’t be worried about this at all.

🤞