Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2023, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero

So which famous face did you spot on your BA travels today?

Previous editions (now archived)
Celebs on BA | 2022 edition
Celebs on BA | 2020/21 edition
Celebs on BA | 2019 edition
Celebs on BA | 2018 edition

Print Wikipost

Celebs on BA | 2023 edition

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2023, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by Rubecula
He must have put a shift on as the last BA flight to LAX on Saturday left at 15:45.
I checked the B2B thread to see if he'd asked if a LAX-LHR-LAX was possible at Heathrow - T3 to T5, B2B, with a quick side trip to Westminster Abbey. He must have had other sources than FT.
Old May 8, 2023, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by flybymonkey
The Duke of Sussex aka Prince Harry.

The guy who has proven countless times that he can't stand up to his own wife.
Think you are on the wrong forum
You need mumsnet for the racist anti Meghan (female dog - the term was deleted) fest

Last edited by Barnaby100; May 8, 2023 at 3:09 pm Reason: adjusting deleted word .....
Old May 9, 2023, 4:30 am

Programs: AA CK, AI Platinum, BA Gold, EK Silver
Originally Posted by danmushman
1 quick Q, when a VIP like Duke Henry book this flight, I think fairly last minute - he and ?1-3 security guards will need seats in First. I would expect most seats would've been booked....do those passengers just get bumped?
Can't speak for BA but it often happens with EK F, with either low-level UAE royals or some celebrity or another. The cabins are almost always full, so someone gets bumped. Typically (from experience), it's a guaranteed F seat on the next flight plus some very hefty mileage as compensation.
lsquare and becks1 like this.
Old May 9, 2023, 9:10 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
1 quick Q, when a VIP like Duke Henry book this flight, I think fairly last minute - he and ?1-3 security guards will need seats in First. I would expect most seats would've been booked....do those passengers just get bumped?
Pedant alert: It’s Prince Harry or the Duke of Sussex, never Duke Harry.

or

His Royal Highness the Prince Henry, Duke of Sussex (if we’re being ultra picky) 😁😁😁
Old May 9, 2023, 11:17 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by krispy84
Pedant alert: It’s Prince Harry or the Duke of Sussex, never Duke Harry.

or

His Royal Highness the Prince Henry, Duke of Sussex (if we’re being ultra picky) 😁😁😁
If we're being pedantic about being ultra picky, he isn't using 'His Royal Highness' any more (since Spring, 2020, following an announcement from Buckingham Palace on 18/1/2020)
Old May 9, 2023, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Monarchy and titles are sooo complicated. Glad I’m only a Baron.
Old May 9, 2023, 12:50 pm

Programs: BAEC
The Royals don't exclusively fly in First. In fact they're often NOT in First.
Old May 9, 2023, 1:02 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by T8191
Monarchy and titles are sooo complicated. Glad I’m only a Baron.
My BA profile has me listed as a "Lord". I get a chuckle ( and an ego boost) every time I get a BA email and it is addressed " Dear Lord"
BA or bust, lsquare, T8191 and 5 others like this.
Old May 9, 2023, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Barnaby100
Think you are on the wrong forum
You need mumsnet for the racist anti Meghan (female dog - the term was deleted) fest
What is mumsnet. More to the point, what were you doing lurking there? 👀🤣
Old May 9, 2023, 7:36 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by YClass
Looks like he went straight from the coronation ceremony to Heathrow VIP in his tails. Changed and boarded immediately I assume.
I wonder if Prince Harry still carrying a British Royal passport or just an ordinary British passport?

Last edited by NA-Flyer; May 9, 2023 at 7:47 pm
Old May 9, 2023, 10:02 pm

Programs: BAEC. Gold
After three days and 25 posts about Harry, has there really not been a single sighting of any celebrities on BA?
I'd be happy with someone just spotting another regular flyertalker, a tic-tok influencer or even someone from JLS
crazy8534 and Mekko like this.
Old May 9, 2023, 11:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
My wife spotted a celebrity on the safety video yesterday! Does that count ? (I didn’t!)
Old May 10, 2023, 12:00 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by Fatdickie
After three days and 25 posts about Harry, has there really not been a single sighting of any celebrities on BA?
I'd be happy with someone just spotting another regular flyertalker, a tic-tok influencer or even someone from JLS
Well I can't answer that yet (although when I used to go to GF a lot I would bump into Alex Salmond more than any reasonable person would want to!).
But I have been ba97 stalking and I have discovered something very exciting (this happens a lot less than you would imagine!).
(Don't worry I will give the poor person the heads-up beforehand so they can tell me to stay away.... )

Old May 10, 2023, 12:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by crazy8534
Well I can't answer that yet (although when I used to go to GF a lot I would bump into Alex Salmond more than any reasonable person would want to!).
Pre lockdown, I also recall seeing Mr Salmond in GF quite often, in fact I started to wonder if he lived there. He used to hang out around the Champagne bar, and often looked rather disheveled, almost as if he had spent the day on the lash.
crazy8534, becks1 and Mekko like this.
Old May 10, 2023, 2:48 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by TRISTAR1979
Pre lockdown, I also recall seeing Mr Salmond in GF quite often, in fact I started to wonder if he lived there. He used to hang out around the Champagne bar, and often looked rather disheveled, almost as if he had spent the day on the lash.
I mean that would explain a lot (if he spent most of his days drinking).
crazy8534 and LancashireFlyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.